Estates and Health & Safety Manager
Holy Cross College is a Catholic Sixth Form College and University Centre which exists to promote a high quality education within a community based on Gospel values. The Sixth Form College has a long track record as a specialist A Level centre with a national reputation. We have a first rate system of pastoral care and support, with specialist staff to guide our students through their studies and achieve their goals.
We have an exciting new vacancy for the position of Estates and Health & Safety Manager, to commence as soon as possible. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a competitive salary of £29,765 to £32,961 per annum plus excellent benefits. The hours of work are 36.25 hour per week, throughout the year, normally Monday to Friday 8.30 a.m. to 4.30 p.m. with 45 minutes for lunch (although this may vary in accordance with service requirements). The postholder will be required to be available for College evening events and for emergency call out.
The purpose of the Estates and Health & Safety Manager post is to manage the Estates and Health & Safety functions specifically in relation to:
- Premises Maintenance and Development
- External contractors
- Working environment of College staff and students
- College vehicles
- Utilities and building management
- Promotion of compliance with Health and Safety legislation throughout the college
The “essential” experience and skills required:
- NEBOSH National Certificate
- GCSE Maths and English (at Grade C or equivalent)
- Appropriate qualification to (at least) Level 3
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in Estates Management
- Knowledge of appropriate health & safety legislation
- A full, valid driving licence and access to and use of a vehicle
- Experience of using Microsoft Office and electronic communication
- Experience of developing risk assessments
- Experience of purchasing and budget management
Benefits of working at Holy Cross College:
We believe Holy Cross Sixth Form College is a great place to work as we genuinely care about all our staff and want them to be happy working here. In return our staff can expect:
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Option to purchase additional annual leave (support staff)
- Option to apply for (unpaid) sabbatical leave
- Family friendly policies
- Free car-parking facilities (on and off-site)
- Automatic enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Excellent opportunities for CPD and individualised induction programmes for all new staff
- Cycle scheme vouchers (subject to terms and conditions)
- VDU eye test vouchers (subject to terms and conditions)
- Various health and wellbeing benefits (including an on-site gym)
- Counselling service – face to face and confidential telephone counselling service
The closing date is 10.00 a.m. on Monday 12th November 2018. Completed applications should be returned by e-mail to: email@example.com or by post to: HR Department, Holy Cross College, Manchester Road, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 9BB. Please note: CVs are not accepted.
A candidate information pack and application form is available from the College website:https://www.holycross.ac.uk/information/job-vacancies/
For any queries relating to this post, please contact the HR Manager by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone: 0161 762 4522.
Holy Cross College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. In this respect all applicants are advised that any offer of appointment will be subject to Enhanced Clearance through the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) as well as other relevant recruitment checks.