Job Title: Finance Manager
Location: Hulme, Manchester
Salary: £32,961 - £39,917 based on level of experience
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
The College is located in Hulme a mile south of the centre of Manchester and very close to Manchester University and Manchester Metropolitan University, with excellent transport links. It is one of the largest Sixth Form Colleges in the country and rated as Outstanding at the last Ofsted Inspection.
Purpose of the Role:
- To provide an efficient and effective accountancy service for all aspects of the college finance function.
- To work collaboratively with the Director of Finance and the Senior Leadership Team to ensure the strategic vision and leadership of the College is supported.
- In conjunction with the Director of Finance and the Principal, to plan strategically to optimise the College's financial resources, taking account of long term plans and developments
- To ensure that all regulations and protocols laid down by the Department for Education (DfE) and the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) are adhered to.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure appropriate financial procedures are in place to comply with the requirements of the Department for Education (DfE), Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) and other funding bodies
- Maintain awareness of financial developments and financial protocols with the DfE and ESFA and other funding bodies
- Manage end of month procedures including monitoring budgets and compiling monthly management accounts for submission to the Director of Finance
- Compile draft annual budgets for submission to the Director of Finance
- Monitor budgets and report to appropriate bodies
- Prepare accounts and reports to inform the end of year accounting process
- Monitoring grant funding spends to ensure compliance with funding agreements
- Maintain appropriate financial records and submit data for statistical returns and evidence of grant funded expenditure
- Act as one of the administrators for credit cards including ordering new cards and updating card limits
- Support the internal audit function by acting as the main point of contact for all financial internal audits
- Attend meetings as required, including the Finance & General Purposes Committee and Audit Committee meetings and report on finance matters
- Have line management responsibility for the Finance Office staff, including appraisals and assessment of training needs
- In conjunction with the Director of Admin and College Services liaise with outside caterers on all matters relating to the College catering service
- Liaise with insurance companies on all matters, including claims, relating to College insurance and advise the Director of Finance and/or the Principal on insurance matters
- Oversee the administration of student bursaries/free school meals maintaining records and reports as required
- Oversee the collection of all college income, including student book deposits
- Liaise with trip organisers to ensure that trips are costed appropriately
- To work with the HR Department to monitor payroll
- Advise on the annual update of financial regulations and procedures
- Liaise with the Financial Software providers, ensure the system is working effectively and advise on any updates required
- Work with the Director of Finance to produce the annual financial three year plan for submission to the ESFA
- Work with the Director of Finance to produce the annual Finance Record for submission to the ESFA
- Prepare the BACS payments for approval
The successful Candidate will have/ be:
- Relevant accountancy qualification. Part qualified will be considered providing the candidate has relevant work experience.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, or substantial relevant experience that demonstrates a high order of literacy, numeracy and analytical skills.
- Experience in a financial role
- Proficiency in working with standard office applications such as MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experienced Excel user (e. pivot tables, VLOOK UP.)
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- The ability to prioritise and multitask
- The ability to manage own workload and meet deadlines
- Excellent telephone manner
- The ability to maintain quality and organisational procedures for the efficient running of the College finance office
- The ability to recognise and appreciate the confidential nature of some work undertaken
- Excellent attention to detail
- Be able to carry out routine liaison to pass on information promptly and accurately to all those who need to know.
- The ability to empathise with 16-19 year olds within a college situation
- High level of literacy/communication skills
- Evidence of commitment to Continuous Professional Development
Please click on the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to our Client's careers page.
Candidates with the experience and relevant job titles of: Finance Supervisor, Accounts Coordinator, Finance Associate, Financial Controller, Management Accountant, Finance Specialist, Financial Accounting, Cost Controller, Accounts Controller, Accounts Analyst, ACA, CIMA, ACCA, Senior Accountant, Chartered Accountancy and Bookkeeper may also be considered for this role.