Digital Content Lead
1 day left
- Full Time
Digital Content Lead
Based from any of our UK offices
Ofcom is the regulator for the communications services that we use and rely on each day. We make sure people get the best from their broadband, home phone and mobile services, as well as keeping an eye on TV and radio. We also oversee the universal postal service, which means Royal Mail must deliver and collect letters six days a week, and parcels five days a week, at an affordable and uniform price throughout the UK. We look after the airwaves used by wireless devices like cordless phones, walkie talkies and even some car keys and doorbells.
The role is within the Digital and Creative Team, part of the Communications Team and sits within the Consumer and External Relations group. The Digital and Creative team are responsible for developing and maintaining Ofcom digital channels, which includes the Ofcom website, visual branding, creative assets and all publishing activity.
Our website receives more than a million page views a month and is the main channel to reach out to consumers, businesses and stakeholders.
Purpose of the Role
Our aim is to make Ofcom’s digital communications best in class, and continually improve our digital presence.
This is a key role, overseeing our publishing capability and managing our digital content.
You will manage the daily publishing process, considering time scales, resources and manage two Digital Content Producers. You will oversee the daily delivery of large publications as well as longer term projects, review the health of existing content and drive our commitment to accessibility. You will have an excellent eye for detail and the ability to identify where we can add value to content to make sure each visit to our website is an engaging and inclusive experience. You will be a confident communicator, building strong relationships across the organisation and beyond.
Requirements of the Role
- Leads on and manages production workflows for digital and creative content, ensuring that outputs are of high quality and are on-brand
- Line manages and motivates team members and acts as an ambassador for the Ofcom values
- Oversees and supports the daily publication process, ensuring quality, currency, accuracy and timely delivery of all publications
- Works alongside the Communications Managers and Digital Manager to ensure the scope and requirements of creative and digital content are identified at the outset
- Attends meetings, and represents the team internally and externally
- Works with the Digital Manager and Analytics lead to meet content KPI goals
- Communicates the work of the Digital and Creative team and the wider Communications team across the organisation to embed our services
- Prepares content for publication, ensuring quality, branding, accuracy and timely delivery
- Ensures compliance with best-practice web accessibility guidelines and that content is optimised for search
- Supports the Digital Manager and Analytics and Insights Lead by contributing to online development projects
- Keeps up to date with best practice in digital communication
- Be a key team member, continually representing a high preforming and growing digital team and inputting new ideas
- Manages content health ensuring information is up to date and delivers work on time in a collaborative and imaginative way
- Works closely with the Editorial Manager to address readability of content.
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Appreciation of and desire to promote Ofcom's values of excellence, agility, empowerment and collaboration
- Experience of digital publishing using an enterprise level CMS= -Experience of managing a team with tight deadlines in a high-pressured environment
- Experience of delivery of content projects with measurable benefits
- Experience of implementing SEO techniques
- Knowledge and application of accessibility best practice
- Experience of using cloud-based campaign mail software such as Campaign Monitor, MailChimp, Dotmailer or similar
- Experience of using a variety of digital tools to support the delivery of a high-end websites, e.g. siteimprove
- Experience of delivering significant project volumes to very tight deadlines
- Knowledge of HTML and browser and user interfaces
- Confidence in representing yourself and the digital and creative team to various internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge or willingness to learn CSS would be an advantage
- A working knowledge of the media and communications sectors
Planning project and programme management
Please provide a statement of how you meet the core responsibilities of the role, CVs alone will not be accepted.
This role is available on a full or part time basis. The closing date for applications is the 13th November 2018.
To apply for the role of Digital Content Lead, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Digital Content Lead, Digital Content Manager, Digital Communications Manager, Communications Manager, Copywriting Manager, Content Manager, Digital Marketing Manager, Online Content Manager.