Are you a Procurement Manager looking for an opportunity to make your mark with a privately-owned, successful, organisation poised for growth and investment? With an exciting customer base, manufacturing for the rail, road, aerospace, leisure and construction industries, the successful Procurement Manager / Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for ensuring the business has a very clear strategy when purchasing goods and services. With a thorough commercial understanding the Procurement Manager will make policy decisions that take into account budgets and stock requirements. Your strong interpersonal skills, with your passion for negotiating, will be instrumental to you achieving the best price from suppliers. This is an exciting, key post within the management team of the organisation for a professional Procurement Manager.
Key Procurement Manager Responsibilities:
- Liaison with key company employees to determine product and service needs
- Monitor business trends and product availability and obtain the best price for goods and services, without sacrificing quality or delivery times
- Develop strong relationships with suppliers to negotiate best price and terms of business
- Identify and research potential new suppliers, complete relevant audit
- Research new products and services to meet the company’s goals
- Assess and monitor total costs of company purchases
- Develop and implement strategies for procuring, storing and distributing goods or services and maintaining stock levels
- Design and implement robust supply chain strategies
- Maintain REACH and COSHH data sheets, ensuring compliancy
- Manage the stores team
Personal Specification Supply Chain Manager:
- A formal purchasing / supply management qualification
- Commercially aware
- Capable of working under pressure
- Excellent IT skills
- Good team player
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good supervisory and leadership skills
- Sound understanding of engineering, scientific and technical information
- Capable of writing procedures
If you are currently a Purchasing Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Purchasing Assistant, Procurement Officer, Assistant Procurement Manager, Assistant Procurement Officer then this may well be the job for you.
Living around Lincoln, Sleaford, Spalding, Boston, Horncastle you will be in commutable distance for this role.