Graduate NPI Engineer / New Product Introduction Engineer
Job Title: Graduate NPI Engineer
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent - 39 hours per week (Mon - Thurs 08 - 17:00 and Fri 08:30 -16:00 with 30 mins lunch)
The Company are one of the leading manufacturers of engineered plastic assemblies for the automotive industry. In the UK they have a Design and Development centre, along with four modern manufacturing plants equipped with some of the latest automation and moulding technology.
They understand the value of offering graduate opportunities across all of their sites and believe that graduates have enormous potential, but that this potential needs to be polished and nurtured. Therefore, they develop their graduates to be upcoming leaders and managers. The Company ensures their graduates receive the support they need, with regular reviews and exposure to the wider business to give them the necessary experience and building blocks. In recent years, they have developed graduates across a range of departments.
The Company are delighted to announce that they are looking for a Graduate who wants a career in New Product Introduction Engineering. This exciting role will be prominently based just outside of the beautiful and historic city of York, however there may be a requirement to travel to customers or one of the company's other sites in the UK or Europe.
- Providing customers with exceptional technical support during product launches
- Engineering solutions that meet customer needs
- Ensuring customer needs are understood and are converted into zero-defect designs and processes
- Managing projects and activities
- Supporting Advanced Quality Planning (AQP) for new products, complying with internal procedures
- Assessing the quality and design of products during initial production trials
- Ensuring new processes are safe and that ergonomics are considered
- Working with tooling team so best practices are used in both tooling and assembly process to ensure design for manufacture
- Submitting samples to customers
- Securing and issuing product approvals
- Liaising with customers, suppliers, and internal departments as required to understand and meet the end customer requirements
- Investigating problems to ensure that the root cause is found, permanent fixes are put into place and all the activity is documented (e. 8D process)
- Monitoring, processing, analyzing, reporting and following up customer and internal quality concerns, queries and issues
- Carrying out customer and supplier visits as required
- Supporting the Design and Development Team
- Liaising with the Sales department to ensure associated costs are captured and projects are delivered within budget
- Liaising with customer teams to ensure clear communication of engineering status and developments
- Assisting with the removal of engineering roadblocks to achieve Part Submission Warrant (PSW)
- Supporting current production engineering issues and improvements as required
The Company are looking for people who are self-motivated, demonstrate excellent communication skills and are comfortable speaking to all different levels of personnel.
Additionally the candidates must have a proactive, investigative and hands-on approach to tasks; through high levels of analytical capability. They should be capable of working to their own initiatives to satisfy demanding deadlines.
Previous experience of automation; plastic injection moulding or working within the automotive industry would be an advantage.
- Graduate in engineering (BSC or B Eng)
- Literacy and Numeracy
- Able to self-manage
- Ability to prioritise work loads
- Highly IT literate
- Analytical and extensive communication skills
- Problem solving mind set with a 'can do' attitude
- 6-Sigma Green Belt (desirable)
To apply for this role please select the APPLY button to send your CV.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of: Engineering Graduate, Automation Engineer, Automotive Industry, Project Coordinator, New Products Project Agent may also be considered for this role.