We are looking for an experienced individual to join a friendly firm in Chatham as a Care Solicitor.
Care Solicitor requirements
- Minimum 1 year’s experience of care work (ideally over 3 years)
- Experience of advocacy and keen to develop your expertise in this area
- On the Children Panel or working towards Panel membership
Care Solicitor duties
- Responsible for progressing a caseload of care work for parents and other parties, and if on the Children Panel, for children.
- Advocacy for cases as appropriate and for other solicitor’s cases as required
- Setting up new cases: taking client instructions, first letter, obtaining public funding, conflict check and risk assessment
- Using the case management scheme to progress files and ensure clients are kept up to date.
- Work as part of the care team, ensuring high quality client care.
- Representing clients at court in the full range of interim and final hearings.
- Ensuring all administration related to hearings and cases is undertaken including recording, attendance notes, diary management, billing and funding requirements.
A competitive salary is available, dependent on experience.
If you are interested in this position please apply below.
Apply for Care Solicitor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly