Exam Support Manager
- Full Time
Exam Support Manager
Contract: Full time and permanent
What it’s about
This new post provides an exciting opportunity for an organised and creative person to develop our exam support offering to ensure it meets the needs of schools, teachers, learners and parents worldwide. As Exam Support Manager, you will oversee the production, delivery and promotion of exam support resources that help to ensure that preparing for a Cambridge English Qualification has a positive impact on teaching and learning. The Exam Support Manager has a key role in working with external experts and colleagues across the organisation to develop a wide range of engaging support materials, from seminars to handbooks and lesson plans. This includes building, managing and training materials writers and presenters globally, and working with colleagues in Marketing and across the Global Network to promote the support available.
What you’ll be doing
- Manage the production of seminar and webinar materials to support schools, teachers, parents and learners worldwide in preparing for Cambridge English Qualifications (from Starters to Proficiency), according to agreed schedules
- Co-ordinate the production of exam support materials, such as teacher handbooks, sample papers, Speaking exam videos and commentaries, lesson plans, candidate information, etc., to agreed schedules
- Build and manage a pool of external consultants to write seminar and support materials, and develop and deliver training for them to ensure the materials they produce are engaging and effective.
- Manage the development of presenter training materials and liaise with the Global Network to ensure that presenters are trained effectively
- Liaise with the Global Network to ensure that seminar materials, webinars and exam support materials continue to meet the needs of customers, that local seminar programmes meet KPIs, and that best practice is shared between hubs
- Liaise with Marketing colleagues in Cambridge and the Global Network to ensure seminars, webinars and exam support are promoted effectively.
What we’re looking for
- Educated to degree level
- ELT qualification
- Qualification in marketing (desirable)
- Ability to influence and persuade.
- Excellent people skills.
- Excellent organisation skills and an eye for detail
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple work priorities
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills
- Some knowledge of Cambridge English Qualifications
- Experience in the ELT sector
- Teacher training experience
- Experience of working with overseas markets
- Budget management experience (desirable)
- Marketing experience (desirable)
A drive to get things done, the initiative to work both independently and collaboratively, and a desire to find innovative solutions
Who we are
Cambridge Assessment English is a part of Cambridge Assessment, a department of the University of Cambridge. We are the global leader in English language assessment. We help people learn English and prove their skills to the world. We provide exams in English for speakers of other languages taken by over 5 million candidates worldwide each year, as well as the leading range of qualifications for language teachers.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with your life both inside and outside of work:
- Generous contributory pension
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
- Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
- Cycle scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Subsidised staff restaurants
- Support for professional qualifications
- Discounted access to the University of Cambridge Sport Centre, along with various other local gyms.
We know that diversity of thinking, backgrounds and approaches leads to innovation and creates an atmosphere where everyone’s contribution is valued. As well as wanting to create diverse teams, we also value diversity in the way our people approach their work. Work/life balance is important to us at Cambridge Assessment and we offer our colleagues a range of flexible working options according to the needs of the business and the individual, so please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 18/11/2018 and interviews will be held on 04/12/18.
If you’re successful at interview stage we will ask you to undergo background screening (carried out by Credence Background Screening Ltd), to ensure that all information provided to us is accurate. We wish you all the very best with your application.
CAMBRIDGE ASSESSMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER