6 days left
- Full Time
Collins has been publishing educational and informative books for almost 200 years. Throughout this rich heritage we have maintained an impressive record in creating market-leading products across various sectors. Our publishing for schools continues to deliver up-to-date and engaging student resources and exceptional teacher support to help schools tackle new initiatives and utilise the latest technology. We produce resources for UK and International curricula to support teachers and pupils at school and outside the classroom environment.
Our Sales team are looking for an Education Sales Consultant to visit schools within a specified territory in order to promote HarperCollins titles and educational schemes, and increase sales. This role will cover Barnsley, Doncaster, Lincolnshire, North East Lincolnshire, North Lincolnshire, Nottingham City Council, Nottinghamshire, Rotherham, Sheffield.
- Visit teachers, Heads of Departments, subject co-ordinators and/or LA Advisors and develop/maintain strong relationships
- Develop and maintain a good knowledge and understanding of curriculum requirements and Collins’ products
- Embrace and implement a ‘needs satisfaction selling’ approach
- Grow sales of HarperCollins titles in schools and education establishments, achieving (and ideally exceeding) sales targets
- Develop relationships and increase business with existing Collins user schools
- Secure new adoptions of Collins Education titles in schools and education establishments
- Ensure targets for the number of schools visited are met
- Ensure targets for the number of schools evaluating Collins Education titles are met
- Attend events/exhibitions and LA meetings when necessary
- Attend regional/national training days and conferences when necessary
- Take responsibility for a sales territory, maintenance of accounts, and related administration
- Demonstration of excellent sales skills and results
- Sales background (ideally within Education)
- Proven sales and negotiating skills
- Excellent communication skills – including good presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal/ relationship building skills
- Computer literacy including Word and Excel
- Driving license
- Self motivated – able to work without direct supervision
- Genuinely interested in sales career
- Determined and resilient
- Commercial, driven by sales success
- Well organised
- Positive, energetic approach
We’re based in the News Building which we share with our News UK and Dow Jones colleagues in the newly-established London Bridge Quarter, opposite the famous Borough Market. Our new open-plan office has amazing views across London, and includes a variety of break-out areas to aid inspiration and a collaborative approach, a multi-media suite, and a fabulous canteen floor and book shop.
Please apply via the link below with your CV, cover letter and salary expectations. Early applications may be prioritised.
Please note: We consider all applicants based on their skills, experience and ability to do the job. We do not unfairly discriminate on the basis of convictions or other personal information. We do require candidates to undergo employment screening in accordance with the relevant local legislation. This will only happen at the point an offer of employment is made.
Overview of HarperCollins
Our mission at HarperCollins is to harness the power of great publishing and to amplify it through world class marketing, global strength, and relentless innovation. We are all working towards the same goal, and we do it guided by what matters most to us. The culture at HarperCollins is defined by our six values, which inform our everyday actions and the way we behave. From Finance to Editorial, our values shape the way we work.
PUTTING OUR AUTHORS AT THE HEART OF EVERYTHING. Their success is our first concern.
WORKING TOGETHER. Sharing responsibility, helping colleagues, listening well, embracing difference, and enjoying what we do.
LEARNING & ADAPTING. Taking smart risks, learning from experience without blame and being both curious and willing to change.
LOOKING OUT AS WELL AS IN. Understanding the consumer, the marketplace and the competitive environment.
LEADING NOT FOLLOWING. Staying ahead, looking to the future, being bold and always aiming to be the best.
INTEGRITY IN ALL WE DO. Timely, open and honest communication, being fair, principled and respectful.