High Voltage Electrical Instructor / Lecturer / Trainer
6 days left
- Full Time
Job Title: High Voltage (HV) Electrical Instructor
Salary: £30,000 + benefits
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent (38 hrs per week)
The Company has been providing a service to the engineering and process industries since 1967, predominantly to companies located around the Humber Bank.
With training centres in Hull, Stallingborough and Scunthorpe and a turnover around £5m per year, the company is expanding the portfolio of courses they offer to individuals and employers across the region. As part of the expansion, they have established a High Voltage training centre working in partnership with the Faraday Centre in Redcar.
High quality teaching, learning and assessment are at the heart of the business and this post is focused on raising and maintaining standards in the classroom and the workshop whilst developing new and innovative training courses and qualifications to meet employer needs and future labour market demand.
Their people are the business and they need to expand and develop the 'talent pool' in order to achieve their ambitions. The Company has a strong track record in developing people and providing a working environment that allows their staff to make a contribution and to be recognised and rewarded.
Purpose of the Role:
- To deliver and facilitate high and low voltage training programmes and assessments.
- To assist the Centre Manager with the delivery of HV training, the learners, and staff in order to ensure successful completion of the relevant qualifications/ frameworks/ standards within the given timeframes and as per the quality standards of the different awarding bodies and regulatory compliance agencies.
- To promote the highest possible standards in customer care, equal opportunities and health and safety practices for the benefit of learners and the wider community served by the Company.
- Deliver electrical training and assessments across a range of high and low voltage courses using teaching methods and materials as appropriate. Short courses are delivered at Company' training facilities in Hull and on-site at clients' premises in the UK and some overseas delivery may be required by mutual agreement
- Undertake preparation and marking of candidates' assessment reports
- Maintain and encourage effective communication with and between all candidates
- Provide candidates with feedback and guidance to support their learning and enhance their knowledge and progress
- Contribute to the design and development of new courses as appropriate
- Establish and maintain a safe and effective learning environment
- Attend standardisation meetings at the Faraday Centre in Redcar to ensure quality and consistency of delivery is achieved
- Promote the agreed Company policies for Health, Safety & Environment, Equal Opportunities, etc. and any other policy the Company adopts for the welfare of employees, candidates and visitors, by carrying out appropriate procedures and practices
- Work closely with customer enquiries to ensure that their requirements are met, bespoke courses are designed as requested and quotations for delivery are given in timely manner, ensuring all procedures are followed correctly
- Any other duties commensurate with this post that the Chief Executive deems important and suitable for the Company and the post holder after appropriate consultation with the post holder
The ideal Candidate will have/ be:
- Education to Level 4 (HNC) or above
- Recognised Technical qualifications
- Professional qualification in Electrical Engineering
- Teaching / Assessor qualifications (desirable but not essential)
- Relevant experience of operating and maintaining industrial high voltage systems
- High voltage switching authorisation experience
- Knowledge and understanding of high voltage safety documentation
- An understanding of high voltage safety lockout / tagout protocols
- Knowledge and experience of low voltage systems
- Strong communication skills in all forms including written, oral, email, telephone, and presentations to groups and clients
- Demonstrate an understanding and an ability to build relationships with learners, internal and external customers, employers and other key stakeholders
- Excellent time management skills
- Flexible approach to working hours and duties in order to meet deadlines and the ability to work to quality standards
- Excellent IT skills, proficient Microsoft Office user and an ability to learn about new platforms including relevant databases
- The ability to continuously review and evaluate progress
In return the Company offers:
- Ongoing training
- Company pension scheme
- Private health care
- Performance related pay
- 30 days leave per year
Please click on the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS to complete the attached application form.
Candidates with experience of: Electrician, Electrical Engineer, Multi Skilled Electrical Technician, Electrical Maintenance Instructor, Industrial Electrician Lecturer, HV Electrical Engineer, High Voltage Engineer may also be considered for this role.
Apply for High Voltage Electrical Instructor / Lecturer / Trainer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly