Charity Finance and Office Administrator (Part Time)
6 days left
- Part Time
MusicPlace is a music therapy charity which provides services to children and adults with health and educational needs. Music therapy can encourage interaction and communication and help people fulfil their potential. MusicPlace provides therapy in schools, hospitals and care homes and also provides therapy sessions for privately referred clients. See: www.musicplacenorthwest.org
This post combines financial management of the charity, book-keeping and office administration.
Duration: 11 hours per week over 1.5 days
Salary: £11.00 per hour.
Holiday entitlement: 5 weeks proportionate to hourly contract
Probationary period: 6 months, subject to review by Chair of Trustees and Co-ordinator
Closing date: 5pm on Friday, 9th November 2018
Application: complete the application form found on line at: musicplacenorthwest.org.
Your application should also be accompanied by a short letter.
- Proven good organisational skills
- Sensitive communication skills
- Ability to work flexibly
- Prepare and send out monthly invoices and ensure timely receipt of payment.
- Maintain SAGE accounting software including bank reconciliations.
- Maintain restricted funds in the accounts and track grant spend.
- To prepare basic quarterly accounts for management and to provide reliable forecasting of income and expenditure.
- To manage staff salaries and expenses and run payroll.
- Prepare year end financial statements, co-ordinate annual report and liaise with the Independent Examiner.
- Submit annual returns and accounts to Companies House and the Charity Commission.
- To support the co-ordinator in maintaining and monitoring contracts with service users e.g. schools, NHS Trusts.
- To support the co-ordinator in the administration of private individual referrals and ensure all are followed up.
- To support the co-ordinator in developing and sustaining partnerships with other organisations.
- To assist the coordinator in fund raising; identifying and developing funding applications and contract proposals.
- To assist the coordinator in responding to all and varied enquiries.
- To support the co-ordinator in organising team meetings.
- To review and revise marketing materials and maintain website (Wordpress).
- To manage and review all policies in line with government guidelines.
- To ensure all policies and procedures are implemented by the therapy team.
- To maintain files for each privately referred person.
- To support the therapy team in maintaining the therapy room and musical instruments.
- To maintain the office space and confidential materials in accordance with data protection requirements.
- To review all health and safety requirements and implement risk assessments as necessary.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Understanding of accounts
- Payroll experience
- Management of staff salaries
- Proven organisational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including communication abilities
- Experience of charity accounting
- Experience of SAGE
- Experience HMRC “Basics” payroll software and NEST pension scheme
For further information contact Mary Clayton, Co-ordinator, MusicPlace.email@example.com
Closing date: 5pm, Friday 2nd November 2018
PLEASE NOTE: Application form and accompanying letter should be downloaded from our website www.musicplacenorthwest.org and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hard copy may be sent to:
The Ark, L’Arche, Lockerby Road, Liverpool, L7 0HG
Apply for Charity Finance and Office Administrator (Part Time)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly