We are looking to recruit a committed Finance Manager to oversee the day to day financial activity of the Generations Trust. In this role you will report to the Chief Financial Officer, and manage a team of two full time finance staff.
- Proven track record in managing a finance function to the highest standard
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage with staff at all levels and manage a team
- IT skills and the ability to manage, manipulate and interpret data
- Experience of managing and operating key financial systems
- 5 GCSEs - including Maths and English Grade C or above
- Accountancy qualification relevant to the post
- ICT Training Certification, desirable
Finance Manager responsibilities
The main purpose of this role is to work in close partnership with the Chief Financial Officer overseeing the Trust’s finances, and leading the daily work of the Finance Office.
- Recruit, induct, train and performance manage the Finance team
- Prepare for the annual audit and Responsible Officer (internal audit) program of checks in line with the agreed timetable
- To prepare statutory financial returns required by the ESFA, TPS, LGPS and HMRC (including VAT) as required
- Prepare the Trust’s management accounts on a monthly basis
- Providing accurate and timely budget and forecast information
- Operate the Trust’s bank account for public, private and charitable funds and reconcile on a monthly basis.
- Manage payroll, respond to personnel payroll issues
- Access to the Trust’s staff leadership programmes
- 25 days annual holiday rising to 27 days after 5 years
- Tailor-made development plans including subsidised Masters & degree courses
- Free use of sports & leisure facilities including a swimming pool and gym
- Occupational health, free flu jabs and counselling
- Financial benefits including marking payments, childcare vouchers and more
About Goffs School
Goffs is a mixed 11-18 comprehensive Academy with approximately 1300 students on roll, including a thriving and successful Sixth Form.
Interviews will be held week commencing 12th November 2018
The Trust is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
Please apply below.