Qualified Family Lawyer
We are looking to recruit for a qualified Family Lawyer/Solicitor to join our children’s charity in Birkenhead.
The leading children’s charity provides advocacy services for children and young people aged 0-25 years old, across England and Wales.
Our work helps make a difference to the lives of the most vulnerable children and young people when they are in desperate need of help.
In this role you will:
- Provide legal representation for children, young people, vulnerable adults, parents & carers
- Work within performance targets as agreed with the Legal Director and Assistant CEO
- Contribute to Family Law research, publications and training
- Instruct the caseworker in the NYAS tandem model of child representation
- Ensure that all documentation filed with the court meets NYAS standards
- Assist with legal staff recruitment and training
- Professional solicitor, barrister or CILEX qualification
- Empathy and understanding towards young people
- Experience of court work and private law work
- Working knowledge of public law and the Children Act
- Knowledge of community care – advantageous
Hours: 35 hours per week, part time hours considered
Interview date: Wednesday 28th November
All successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS Disclosure check. NYAS operates robust safer recruitment procedures to ensure the protection of the children, young people and vulnerable adults we work with.
NYAS is an equal opportunities employer