Zephyr AIT Skilled Production Technician
Zephyr AIT Skilled Production Technician:
Our client is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. They are a leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace products, services and solutions to customers on a global scale.
Description of the Job:
The High Altitude Pseudo Satellite (HAPS) "Zephyr" is a new, and state-of-the-art, solar powered ultra-lightweight CFRP Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) for use in both commercial and military applications from Airbus Defence and Space.
A number of new roles are being created for Skilled Technicians inside the HAPS Operations team. The scope of this role is to manufacture to time, cost and quality the new HAPS Zephyr aircraft and associated Ground Support Equipment to fulfil the HAPS Global Business Case.
The successful applicants will report to the Zephyr Production Operations Manager.
Tasks & Accountabilities:
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Avionic and mechanical equipment installation, wiring and system integration of UAV's platforms
- Manufacture of avionic in-house components as required
- Maintain build records
- Health and Safety process adherence and reporting
- Self-certification of work completed
- Continuous Improvement of the production system
- Contribution to Problem Solving and corrective action delivery
- Safe handling and protection of very fragile and flexible components
Essential Skills & Experience:
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Hands-on multi-skilled practical avionic/electronic engineering technician
- Demonstrated knowledge of production/maintenance processes to high quality standards
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and interpret requirements into finished products
- Demonstrated experience pro-actively solving technical problems
- Experience of hands-on production of avionic hardware and wiring installations
- Ability to work flexibly as part of a team
- Quality conscious working method and organised approach to tasks
- Conducting and recording of installation and system integration tests
- Enjoy using own initiative, working unsupervised and taking responsibility for own task package
- Enjoy providing technical input and advice to design teams and peers on manufacturing procedures, issues and ideas for improvement
- * Time served apprenticeship in avionic/electronic manufacture / installation / test
- * IT Skills appropriate for the role
- * Previous experience in Aerospace sector
- * Academic qualifications in an avionic/electronic engineering discipline
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.