Trainee IT Technician / Trainee IT Helpdesk Support
Job Title: Trainee IT Technician
Location: Northenden, Manchester
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company is a top 200 Law firm that specialises in personal injury. Established in 2000 and they pride themselves in the work they do helping injured people. They cover every area of personal injury including public liability, occupier's liability, road traffic accidents, employer's liability, industrial disease, serious injuries and clinical negligence matters.
They are LEXCEL and Law Society accredited and are a Legal 500 Leading Firm for both Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence. Six of their Partners are members of the Law Society Specialist Personal Injury Panel and one of their Partners is a member of the Law Society Specialist Clinical Negligence Panel.
The Company is currently looking to appoint a Junior IT Technician to assist the IT team in the day to day and long term function of the company's IT infrastructure. Any experience working with Proclaim case management system will be a distinct advantage.
The role's main focus will be to ensure the smooth running of the company's IT technical resources and supporting internal staff members with any hardware or software issues.
- Support the IT team in delivering support to the business
- Administration of in-house software
- Administration of Active Direcory
- Administration of Avaya telephone system
- Administraion of 3rd party web portals
- Administration of call recording software
- Knowledge of Windows based operating systems and troubleshooting common problems
- Understanding of computer hardware and peripherals
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritise work received via telephone, email and helpdesk based on business or user impact
- Strong communication skills and the capability to deal firmly with external support contractors to ensure levels of service are attained at all times
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Must understand the concept of internal customers and ensure that internal stakeholders remain confident in the ability of the firm's systems to deliver
- Knowledge of Proclaim case management and experience of working with software provider Eclipse
- BigHand digital dictation
- Dragon speech recognition
- IP telephone systems e. Avaya IP Office
- Experience of working in the legal industry
Salary, Working Hours & Holidays:
- Annual salary of £16,082
- Hours 8:30am - 5:30pm Monday-Thursday however, a degree of flexibility is essential due to the extended operating hours of the firm
- 20 days holiday per annum, plus bank holidays rising by a day a year up to 23 days. In addition, the office is closed between Christmas and New Year and you will not be required to use your holiday allowance for this period
At the Company they rate skill and ability above all else and therefore our recruitment policy encourages applications from all.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Trainee IT Technician, 1st Line IT Support Engineer, SQL, IT Technician, IT Service Engineer, IT Service Desk Technician, IT Support Technician, Support Technician, Technical Support, IT Systems Support, Trainee Software Developer may also be considered for this role.