Contracts Manager Insurance Works - (Construction Industry)
Contracts Manager Insurance Works – (Construction Industry)
Package £30,000 - £40,000 dependent on experience and ability
+ Company car or car allowance, auto enrolment pension & discretionary annual bonus.
7.30am – 5.30pm Monday to Friday
Our client is a long established Essex based Construction Company, who carry out a broad spectrum of works from specialised works to churches and listed buildings to main stream construction and insurance repairs.
The company is currently looking to recruit an experienced Contracts Manager for Insurance repair works based in Danbury and working in the Essex and Kent area as part of their insurance team.
You will be dealing with technical claims ranging from £3k to £150k on both domestic and commercial property insurance claims. You will be responsible for scoping and estimating the repair works using computerised schedules of rates, then contracts managing and surveying the works to completion and submitting both interim and final accounts whilst maintaining a close relationship with their clients and supply chain.
- Accurately surveying repairs to domestic & commercial properties for all insured perils.
- Scoping the required works onto various electronic scoping systems and/or produce competitive tenders for the works including written specifications, whilst having regard for the insured perils.
- Preparing tender enquiries for suppliers and subcontractors, analyse tender returns and place supply and subcontract orders.
- Ascertain Health & Safety risks and ensure Health & Safety on site and the compilation of CPP’s.
- Liaison with client’s representatives & establishment of good working relationships together with attendance at and contribution to site meetings.
- Ability to understand, implement and maintain client and internal SLA’s.
- Ensuring projects are completed on budget and to schedule.
- Carry out site audits and ensure quality of works on site.
- Deal with variations and any problems on site.
- Deal with final accounts and hand over to accounts for invoicing.
For the role you will need to have a proven track record of managing client and quality focused, profitable insurance repairs over a number of years. You will be used to producing accurate scope of works, have good computer and organisational skills, an excellent knowledge of trades and relevant costs within the industry and used to managing multiple trades and multiple sites.
Further attributes required:
- Good time management skills.
- The ability to work both as part of a busy team and remotely when required.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Ability to multitask.
Our client welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
If you have the relevant experience required and are interested in this opportunity, please apply ASAP.
*PLEASE NOTE – by applying to this position, you agree for your CV to be submitted to our client, who shall contact you directly, should your application make their short-list.