Digital Developer (Creative)
1 day left
- Full Time
Reach plc is seeking talented Digital Developer to join our award-winning Creative team here at the Manchester Evening News. Reporting to the Digital Development Team Leader, you will provide effective and creative Digital Development support for all areas of the company and customers of Reach plc.
Our Business: Reach Plc
We are Reach because it's what we do.
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 540 million newspapers, and our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, viewed by 110m unique browsers every month.
Working as part of a dynamic digital development team you will be responsible for:
- Building and maintaining a wide range of web based applications
- Providing solutions to a wide variety of work including: websites, HTML5 Games, Dynamic digital advertising and responsive landing pages
- Wide ranging multiple projects concurrently alongside the design team
- Applying your judgement to make recommendations and decisions that ensure requirements are delivered on time
- A desire to evolve and provide solutions to improve our digital platform, this will include offering guidance in best practice around new technologies and methodologies
- Fully interpret digital development briefs and digital requirements to achieve the right creative and technical result
The Ideal Candidate
You will be able to demonstrate a strong understanding of the competitive environment in which the Reach Creative department operates with either a Studio or Media background (or similar).
In addition to competitive salaries, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc offer a whole host of voluntary flexible benefits. These include a car scheme, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans and an employee assistance programme
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.