Job Title: Finance Director
Location: Dorking, Surrey
Salary: £60,000 to £70,000 pa + benefits
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company is a well-established manufacturer with a long track record of providing bespoke machined products to a global client base for many years, with an enviable reputation for quality and service. Supplying a range of clients from start-ups to blue chip corporations, it is going through a significant growth period with considerable investment and increasing employee numbers.
This position is a key member of the leadership team, supporting and complimenting the other Directors with a financial review and opinion of company performance and growth opportunities. The role is hands on and the candidate will have full control of all finance functions with assistance provided by a part time finance assistant. This person would actively manage and control the company's IT infrastructure with support from our IT consultant. An additional area of potential responsibility could be running the HR function with the support of our HR consultancy; however this can be discussed as an option in interviews. There is also the potential opportunity to act as Company Secretary.
- Ensure all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported
- Support the Managing Director in the company's long term financial strategy
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements for review at Board meetings
- Manage cash flow by tracking transactions and reviewing reports
- Oversee the running of sales and purchase ledger
- Prepare the annual budget, financial forecasts and reporting variances
- Review and propose cost reduction opportunities throughout the organisation
- Manage monthly payroll, ensuring compliance with HMRC requirements
- Reconciling WIP, raw materials and finished goods from manufacturing system to financial records
- Running the month-end and year-end close process
- Preparing statutory accounts and audit reconciliations for audit clearance
- Manage the companies tax matters and assist management with matters related to but not limited to VAT, MCT, Payroll or EU VAT
- Act as company secretary
- Manage the companies IT systems with support from our external IT consultant
- Negotiate long term supply contracts for energy and key services
- Take care of any property related issues
Qualifications and Experience:
- Demonstrable track record of success in a senior finance position
- Fully qualified to ACA/ACCA or equivalent
- Advanced Microsoft Excel
- Solid IT system experience, including servers, software packages and report writing.
- Experience working with OPERA accounting software or similar software
- Experience running finances in a manufacturing environment
- Strong communication skills
Nice to have:
- HR administration or HR management experience
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of: Head of Finance, Finance Director, Financial Controller, Senior Finance Director, Director of Finance, CIMA, ACCA, ACA, Bookkeeper, Accounts Assistant, Accounts Administrator, Accounts Clerk, Finance Clerk, Finance Administrator, Finance Assistant, Credit Controller, Office Administrator and HR Administrator may also be considered for this role.