Content Editor (Group Sport) - Nationwide
Location: Able to be based in any of our core UK sites
We are looking for a Content Editor (Group Sport) who will take the lead in managing and oversee the eight-strong New Audience team, including Scouting, Pundit Team, Fantasy & Gaming and our new football writers based in Belfast. As the Content Editor you will work with local sports editors to drive the most efficient workflows to drive audience with new content, through concept, production, publication and distribution here at Reach PLC.
Reach PLC has the largest network of Regional sport websites in the UK, with dedicated daily coverage of more than 50 of the 92 clubs in the Premier League and Football League.
From the Manchester Evening News and Liverpool ECHO to new sites such as Football and Leeds Live, we are the go-to platforms for millions of fans every single day, writing, filming and podcasting about the issues supporters care about.
Who are we? We are Reach because it's what we do.
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
After phenomenal growth, we are now recruiting for a host of different roles to further bolster our network's coverage, from local reporters breaking stories on the ground to specialist scouts and a football finance expert who can cover our clubs in greater detail than ever before. We are committed to quality, insightful digital journalism and have some of the most respected football reporters in the world as part of our network. Now we are looking to push the boundaries of local football coverage even further, with exceptional individuals who care about our clubs as much as we do.
Last year we sold 540 million newspapers, and our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, viewed by 110m unique browsers every month.
- Managing briefs and requests from newsrooms for new content ideas
- Will drive strategy to reach new and valuable audiences to our Sport brands, overseeing key referral paths and new opportunities to maximise growth of user base
- Measured against clear KPIs across group, with a creative element to the role in determining how best to reach widest possible audience across 'tent pole' events across the year and regions
- Will work closely with stakeholders across SEO and Social in newsrooms, delivering best practice on content distribution across platforms
- A key role in working with centres around new trends writers, guiding where new opportunities are around our core clubs
- Key to planning, ideation and communicating with teams how and where content should appear
The Ideal Candidate
- The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and experience of newsroom working.
- They will also have an excellent grasp of audience data.
- Will be used to working to tight deadlines and can show an awareness around the demands of content publishing
In addition to competitive salaries, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc offer a whole host of voluntary flexible benefits. These include a car scheme, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans and an employee assistance programme.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.