Compliance/Health & Safety Officer
Skills: Compliance, Health & Safety, risk management, strong communicator, BSI standards, risk assessment
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8.30am - 5.30pm
**Must be a driver**
A multi-award winning vehicle repair company, based near Portsmouth, is seeking a Compliance and Health & Safety Officer to join their friendly and expanding team.
If you are a motivated and professional Compliance professional looking for a new challenge - this could be the perfect role for you!
What will your working day look like?
You will be responsible for assessing, identifying non-compliance and/or risk, evaluate and take remedial action to avoid reoccurrence.
- The sites work in accordance with BS10125, which focuses on Personnel, Equipment, Methods and Materials; by working with the site management it is the responsibility of the compliance officer to ensure all work is carried out in accordance with BS10125 and access to up to date certificates is the responsibility of the Compliance Office in conjunction with staff on site.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- To take full ownership of GDPR compliance across all businesses and become the DPO.
- Take responsibility of any and all dealings with the ICO.
- Work closely with our IT suppliers and managers to ensure all GDPR requirements are met and constantly monitor adherence.
Health & Safety
- The Compliance role will assess the risk to the health and safety of the employees and to anyone else who may be affected by the work activity so that the necessary preventative and protective steps can be identified, and remedial action is taken.
Sounds good? Here is what our client would like to see from you as a prospective candidate
- Proven experience as a Compliance Officer or Compliance Manager
- Experience in risk management
- Knowledge of legal requirements and controls GDPR, Health & Safety at Work Act
- Familiarity with industry practices and professional standards
- Excellent communication skills
- Integrity and professional ethics
- Business acumen
- BSc/BA in law, finance, business administration or a related field
- Professional certification (e.g. Certified Compliance & Ethics Professional (CCEP)) is a plus
- Initiative, flexibility and can-do attitude
- Innovate approach to problem solving
*Interested? Please send you CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship),
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.