Due to recent growth, we are looking for an experienced Assistant Manager to join our client's Business Services team in their Torquay office. In this role, you will assist managers responsible for large varied portfolios of non-audit clients, across a range of industry sectors, including sole-traders, partnerships/ LLPs and limited companies.
Our client offers a market leading salary package, excellent career progression opportunities due to continued growth, as well as a supportive and flexible working environment.
The firm is a leading, national firm of Chartered Accountants and one of the region’s top employers.
- Assisting managers with the running of large varied, portfolios of owner managed business clients with the opportunity of taking responsibility for own portfolio within the short to medium term
- Working closely with Partners/Managers to ensure clients’ needs are met, and supporting them in dealing with their responsibilities to clients
- Overseeing the preparation of annual accounts, Corporation Tax computations and Personal Self- Assessment Income Tax Returns
- Overseeing the provision of book-keeping and VAT compliance services
- Identifying financial, commercial and tax planning opportunities for clients
- Providing routine tax, accounting and general commercial advice to clients
- Resolving accounting and tax problems as they arise
- Ensuring that working papers, financial statements, tax returns and client files are prepared in accordance with the firm’s accepted standards
- Supervising junior staff, and supporting them as appropriate.
Knowledge, skills and attributes
- An experienced qualified professional – ACA/ACCA or AAT
- Good technical accounting and tax knowledge at the level needed to provide sound advice of a non-specialist nature
- Enthusiastic self-starter, who enjoys new client activity and the opportunity to progress career to higher levels
- Personable and approachable to clients, flexible and committed to complete work to deadlines
- Knowledge of Cloud accounting software packages (e.g. Sage, QBO, Xero, etc.)
Aside from a fantastic working environment, our client also offers an excellent benefits package, to include:
- Contributory pension
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Flexibility to take two weeks unpaid leave per year, if required
- Consideration to sabbatical requests
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Life Assurance
This is an urgent vacancy, and so apply as soon as possible in order to avoid disappointment. For further details, contact us on 01392 793995.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £28,000.00 to £37,500.00 /year