(Permanent – 37.5 hours per week, worked on a rota between 07:00 & 21:00)
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join an award winning, market leading and family owned business that serves customers, patients and medical professionals. A specialist company with a commercial approach within the pharmaceutical Aseptic compounding, Clinical Homecare and laboratory services sectors. Their approach engenders autonomy and accountability- they have a track record of investing in their people. They have recently invested in a new, multi-million-pound manufacturing and office facility in Corsham Science Park. The group now employs over 200 people and has combined sales of more than £190 million from its three subsidiaries:
- The first subsidiary produces over 3,000 aseptically compounded injectable pharmaceutical products each day for hospitals and patients across the UK who are fighting cancer, living with chronic disease or in need of pain relief.
- The second is a growing Clinical Homecare provider in an expanding market offering greater convenience to patients whilst delivering efficiencies to the NHS.
- The third subsidiary is a microbiological services business currently in its developmental stage. Its aim is to bring to market innovative microbiological testing and monitoring services.
Their knowledge base ranges from scientific discovery in R&D to process development in manufacturing. Their teams carry academic achievement across the spectrum from their internal accredited qualification to multiple PhDs.
The Maintenance Engineer will provide engineering support and expertise by maintaining plant and equipment to optimise safety, quality and plant performance. The Maintenance Engineer role works alongside the facilities department supporting production to achieve maximum output through planned and preventative action.
The successful applicant will work with the engineering and facilities team with responsibilities that include:
- Maintenance of all process and building service equipment, site services and utilities
- Adherence to strict compliance and safety procedures and identification of safety improvements
- Issuing of permits to work and use of the isolation procedures
- Following and promoting stringent health & safety and hygiene related processes
- Involvement in continuous improvement projects and PPM
- Contribute to control of spares and equipment purchased
- Use of Computerised Maintenance and BMS systems to monitor and analyse machine performance
- Engineering support for plant start up, shutdown and changeovers
- Training and development of junior engineers
- Out of hours on call support, worked on a rota basis
Candidates must have at least 5 years working as a maintenance engineer or engineering background and possess an HNC/ONC/NVQ Level 3 qualification in a mechanical or electrical engineering discipline or equivalent. Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) is essential. Experience of working within the pharmaceutical sector would be an advantage, but full training will be given.
Our client is looking for a self-motivated, dynamic candidate who can contribute to their continuing growth. You must be a team player who can take responsibility for planning and developing courses of action and is quick to react to changing priorities and has a passion for delivering quality whilst ensuring site-wide compliance, safety and accuracy.
The company has a commitment to personal development and is an NCFE approved training centre. Nestled in the heart of the West Country with immediate access to the World Heritage City of Bath you can experience an unparalleled quality of life in a company that has a zero-carbon status.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a company that has changed the commercial world of aseptic manufacture and is developing in the homecare market.
In return they offer rewards and benefits including:
- Salaried at £30 to £35k (dependent on experience, knowledge & skills) per annum
- 21 days holiday + 8 days bank holiday. Increasing with service
- Pension scheme
- Life Insurance
- Company bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Additional non-contractual benefits including free breakfast and outdoor gym
Our client is based in a new science park development in Corsham, with easy access to Chippenham, Bath and Bristol.
If you would like to apply, please do so with a covering letter and CV expressing what qualities and experiences you could bring to this role.
Closing date for completed applications is – 30th October 2018. Interviews will take place on 8th November 2018. You will be contacted by 1st November 2018 if you have been shortlisted for an interview.