Apprentice ICT Technician - Part-time
Pay: National Minimum Wage for Apprentices
Start Date: Jan 2019
The Viking Academy Trust are looking for an Apprentice ICT Technician to work across our three schools. The trust is increasingly dependent on its ICT systems working properly and efficiently. We are looking for a candidate who has a keen interest in ICT systems and is good at managing their time in the face of changing priorities.
The candidate will need to drive and have access to their own transport as there will be occasions where you'll be required to travel between Viking Academy Schools (within a 5-mile radius in the Broadstairs/Ramsgate area).
Above all you will need to like children, to want the very best for them & be prepared to put their needs first. Children will be at the heart of your work.
- Weekly wage
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Minimum Wage Rates
- Working week
Monday to Friday 30 hours between 8am and 4pm
Total hours per week: 30.00
- Apprenticeship duration
- Possible start date
- Apprenticeship level
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- Install and maintain computer hardware, clients, laptops, audio/visual equipment and peripherals
- Maintain an up to date inventory of ICT equipment, and ensure cleanliness of equipment
- Assist with the expansion of the school network infrastructure including switches, cabling and wireless network equipment
- Routine administration including, data backups
- Software installation, maintenance and upgrading in line with the school development policy
- Maintain up to date workstations
- Administration and development of Internet, Intranet, Office 365, learning platforms and E-mail systems, including learning platforms and the school website
- To keep abreast of technological developments and encourage the use of ICT at all levels
- To support staff and students with the use of ICT including online support, and assisting with inset training where appropriate
- To support staff and students with the set-up and preparation of ICT equipment around the school
- Report any detected breach of the school's ICT acceptable use policy to the Head of School
- To be aware of the school's health and safety policy and to assist in carrying out the responsibilities detailed therein
- Maintain stocks of spare parts and consumable items, including printer consumables.
- In-class support where appropriate
Requirements and prospects
- The ability to problem solve
- A good communicator with both children and adults
Closing Date: 07/12/2018 at 12:00
Interviews: To be confirmed
Information about the trust
The Viking Academy Trust is a primary only, Multi-Academy Trust consisting of three inspirational schools: Upton Junior School, Chilton Primary School and Ramsgate Arts Primary School.
Our One Childhood One Chance philosophy resonates throughout everything we do at the Viking Academy Trust.
The Viking Academy Trust has a dedicated staff team determined in their efforts to ensure all pupils receive a first class educational experience. We combine a broad, challenging, high-quality education with excellent pastoral care and extra-curricular opportunity.
Our aim is to educate our pupils in the broadest sense, offering a firm foundation for life, a challenging but safe environment and a strong community spirit.
Our pupils; staff, parents and governors are proud of their schools - come and see why!
Our School and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.