Freelance Deputy Editor / Journalist (B2B and Events)
A small and friendly publisher in the heart of London, is in a period of growth and expansion require a Freelance Deputy Editor / Journalist. You will have experience in news reporting, interviewing and feature writing, commissioning and managing specialist writers, and content development. Our client also have awards and events alongside their publications and planning to take their events and conferences internationally. As a natural born networker, you will also attend and report on events and at times act as the face of the company. This may also require international travel to US, Far East and Middle East. This is a freelance role starting ASAP which can lead to a permanent role.
- Work closely with the editor and be responsible for managing editorial operations, and assisting in the development of new product and media outlets
- Ensure that news coverage is global, comprehensive in scope, distributed and balanced
- Input on monthly content and annual feature planning
- Provide research support for event development
- Development of new content samples and templates for new product
- Sourcing, editing and production of daily news output
- Social media dissemination of news and feature content
- Production of weekly newsletter
- Writing features
- Production of the news, deals, company results, and executive moves sections of each issue of the magazine (with the support of the junior editor)
- Copy-editing, proofing and checking all published output
- Editing and proofing of event marketing copy as required
- Management of archive
- Attending and networking, live social media and post hoc reporting of events
Experience / skills required:
- Solid experience in B2B journalism across print and online
- Great writing ability across a variety of content
- Adaptable and flexible within a small team environment
- Excellent communication skills with senior stakeholders
- Good researcher and able to pitch ideas
- Forward-planning and time-management skills
- Able to manage multiple tasks and work to tight schedules
- Confident and engaged user of social media
- Working as part of a team in an often fast-paced environment
- Maintain a high level of professionalism in all areas of work
- Ideally have worked in the health or financial sector
- Able to travel internationally including US, as required
Atwood Tate acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent and contract vacancies and an Employment Business for interim and temporary recruitment.
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are often only able to contact successful applicants. If you haven't heard from us within 7 days you have probably been unsuccessful on this occasion but we will keep your CV on file for any future relevant opportunities.