Location | Wakefield (Travel required across Yorkshire)
Salary: £24,317 – £28,309 p/annum
Permanent | 37 hours / week
Closing Dates | Monday 29 October 2018
Interviews | Held on the 12th November in Wakefield
The Together Housing Group is currently going through a period of great growth, and we are looking to add a new HR Advisor to our busy, vibrant team. As a member of the HR Operations team, you will be expected to provide guidance and advice on a comprehensive range of HR services to employees across the company. You will also be required to undertake all operational aspects of the HR function within the group.
The role will be based from Wakefield, but due to the geographical diversity of the group, the role will be one of an agile nature and regular travel will be expected from Halifax and as far as Hull, with occasional visits to our sites in Lancashire.
As a HR Advisor, based out of Wakefield, Yorkshire your normal day to day duties will consist of the following:
- To assist and give advice and guidance to managers and employees on all aspects of HR policies and procedural issues; These could include; sickness absence management, grievances, disciplinaries, capability, performance management, maternity/paternity/adoption, T&C’s of employment and retirement administration in line with policies and procedures.
- To maintain up-to-date knowledge of employment law/guidance
- To assist with the monitoring of KPIs
- To assist with the development of HR policies & procedures to ensure that they are in line with all aspects of all relevant legislation
To be successful in the post of HR Advisor you will require the following key skills, knowledge & experience:
- Proven experience of giving advice to a range of people on a wide range of HR issues
- Experience of working in a HR environment
- Working knowledge and experience of HR systems (manual or electronic)
- Experience or working as part of a team and supporting colleagues
- Understanding and knowledge of current employment legislation
It would be an advantage if you held your CiPD as well.
Due to the nature of the role, a full driving licence is required, along with access to your own vehicle insured for business purposes; with travel to our other offices throughout the North of England.
In return we can offer you a great set of benefits which includes;
- 27 days holiday (rising to 32 over 5 years service) + bank holidays.
- A great flexible working environment, with a range of family friendly policies
- Great new comfortable and modern offices
- A huge scope of personal development opportunities
- A very attractive pension scheme & healthcare benefits as well
- For the more active minded we also offer a “cycle to work” scheme
How to Apply
Click the apply button and follow the instructions.
There are two ways to apply for this role.
- Click the apply button and follow the instructions. You will be directed to their career page where you will be required to complete an application form.
- OR Send a copy of your CV & covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org