Final Quality Inspector / QA Engineer / Quality Assurance
Job Title: Final Quality Inspector
Location: Wrexham, LL12 0PB
Job Type: Full Time Permanent Contract, 37 Hours per week
The company site in Llay Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for Final Inspector.
To manage and control the day to day activity of the Inspection Department for Structures. To provide in process, final and first article inspection to ensure that aircraft parts conform to customer specifications. To ensure that parts are released to agreed sales targets.
The company offers excellent career opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits packages. Starting salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
- To carry out final inspection of detailed parts and assembles in a timely and efficient manner according to customer specification.
- Verify parts are correct to drawing requirements to include the correct orientation (hand).
- Check that part mark details are correct as per job card and drawing.
- Verify that all previous operations have been completed and signed off and stamped.
- Cross check Job cards to ensure that the paint used has the correct batch code according to the relevant customer specification.
- Identify and record all faults found with jobs into the relevant logbook and escalate to the Line Manager.
- Raising non-conformance reports (e. NCR‟s).
- To release all internal job cards as per the company standards and customer specification using EFACS.
- To complete and signoff the job history card to allow for full traceability.
- To attend 5S area meetings and to ensure own work area complies with the company 5S programme.
- To stand in for inspectors as required by Line Manager
Skills/ Knowledge Requirements:
The job holder should possess the following qualifications, skills and experience:-
- The job requires a basic level of education.
- A levels or graduate with technical degree
- City & Guilds Inspection NVQ 2 and 3 or recognised apprenticeship in inspection or machining
- Using Microsoft Office tools
- Previous similar experience
Will have a good statistical mind and be used to analysing data and recommending improvements to report and plan processes.
- Decision making
- Communication skills
- Problem solving
- Statistical analysis
- Good hand to eye co-ordination
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Reporting skills
- Computer literate
- Team player
- Good attention to detail and a Completer /finisher
- Confident and ability to work with others at all levels
- Creative problem solver
- Excellent communicator.
- Working on own initiative
The company are a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. They have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are their greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together they build professional relationships that thrive. They know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of their business, so they invest in their employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities.
This job description is a summary of the main duties of the role but is not exhaustive. It may be reviewed and updated regularly in discussion with the post holder.
Please click the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the careers page/
Candidates with experience of; Quality Development Engineer, Quality Assurance Coordinator, QA, Product Quality Engineer, Quality Assurance, Quality Assurance Engineer, QA Engineer, Continuous Improvement, Improvement Engineer, Quality Assurance Overseer, Test Engineer, Product Development Engineer will also be considered for this role.