Salary: £30,688 to £34,520 per annum (dependent on skills and experience)
Full Time: 35 Hours per week
Girton College are currently looking to appoint an exceptional House Manager to have overall responsibility for the cleaning, furnishing and presentation of all College sites. This is a varied role which will include staff and financial management, the arrangement of all logistics in the setup of meeting rooms for conferences, and the management of College assets (including antique furniture).
The ideal candidate will have experience of successfully managing a wide and varied team, in addition to working in a conference and cleaning role, preferably within an environment similar to Girton College. Additionally, candidates should be able to demonstrate first rate communication and organisation skills.
Main Job Objectives:
- The House Manager has overall responsibility for the cleaning, furnishing and presentation of all College sites and for the House Services budget which supports this service.
- With the Housekeepers, to oversee the preparation, furnishing and cleaning of accommodation and offices for students, staff, Fellows and guests, including candidates for admission and conference delegates. The post holder is responsible for setting, monitoring and maintaining very high standards of cleaning and domestic services. This will necessitate ensuring that there are adequate levels of staffing throughout the year including weekends, when required.
- With the Deputy House Manager and the House Services team, the House manager is responsible for the excellent presentation, good order and cleanliness of the College’s public rooms and areas, including the Library, toilets, indoor sports facilities, entrances and exits.
- With the Junior Bursar, the House Manager has special responsibility for keeping the College’s antique furniture, clocks and rugs in good order, and for updating the database.
- The House Manager will maintain the highest possible standards at all times, to be responsive and flexible in the face of last minute changes and to liaise with all relevant college officers to ensure a first class service.
The College offers 34 days paid holiday per year pro rata, pension scheme, on-site parking, use of gym and swimming pool, free lunch plus other benefits commensurate with working for a large Cambridge University College.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter by email.
Please detail in your covering letter how you think your skills and experience match the post requirements.
Please note that CVs submitted without a covering letter will not be considered. In addition, we would be grateful if applicants could complete our Equal Opportunities Monitoring form when applying, which is available on our website.
Closing date for applications: Midday, Thursday 25 October 2018
Interviews: Friday 02 November, 2018