Contact Centre Volunteer Team Leader
Contact Centre Volunteer Team Leader - Chelwood Gate, Haywards Heath
Permanent, full time - 35 hours per week
£27,714.88 per annum plus excellent benefits
(starting salary subject to experience)
Cats Protection is the UK’s leading feline welfare charity. We now help around 190,000 cats and kittens through our network of over 250 volunteer-run branches and 34 adoption centres and homing centres.
We are now recruiting for a Contact Centre Volunteer Team Leader to join our team in the Contact Centre at Chelwood Gate, Haywards Heath on a permanent, full time basis. You will be responsible for coordinating the volunteers for the Cats Protection Contact Centre. You will recruit, train and induct a team of diverse volunteers to enhance the smooth running of the Contact Centre service in all aspects of its work.
1. Plan and resource volunteer recruitment for the Contact Centre, engaging with potential volunteers, responding to enquiries, interviewing and assessing applicants
2. Work with the Contact Centre Manager to ensure we grow and maintain an adequately sized volunteer team to effectively handle all enquiries and to enable the service to meet pre-determined quality standards
3. Work with the Contact Centre Manager and Contact Centre Coordinator team to lead on the design of role specific induction and training programmes for volunteers joining the Contact Centre
4. Arrange and deliver induction and training sessions for new volunteers with the support of the Contact Centre Coordinator team
5. Work with the Contact Centre Manager to support the ongoing development of volunteers’ knowledge and skills through relevant training delivery
6. Compile and distribute a monthly newsletter to inform volunteers of current Contact Centre activities and achievements, with the aim of creating and maintaining an engaged, unified and motivated team.
7. To oversee the volunteering opportunities within the Contact Centre, including reviewing role descriptions where needed, looking for opportunities for new roles and promoting our opportunities internally and externally
8. Work with the Volunteering department to organise national recruitment campaigns and to raise the profile of volunteering for the Contact Centre
9. Conduct exit interviews with volunteers ending their role, using the feedback and insight gathered to produce reports and statistics for the Contact Centre Manager so we can improve our volunteering offering
10. Assist the Paws to Listen Team Leader with recruitment campaigns for the Paws to Listen grief support service, providing advice and guidance as required
11. Demonstrate positive and proactive personal leadership within the context of the Customer Relations Team, generating ideas, recommendations and constructive feedback to increase the effectiveness of the team
In common with all posts, ensure compliance with Cats Protection’s policies and procedures, statutory obligations and best practice, and to undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required by the Chief Executive. This job description may be subject to review in the light of the developing organisation and in consultation with the post holder.
To view the complete job description and person specification, please click apply online.
Closing Date: 29 October 2018
Interview Date: 06 and 08 November 2018
To reward you we have a pay scheme which provides the opportunity to progress within your pay band, subject to satisfactory performance. We also offer a range of benefits which include a generous holiday entitlement, a competitive pension offering, a private medical scheme, and a death in service scheme.
Cats Protection is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
To apply for the role of Contact Centre Volunteer Team Leader, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Contact Centre Volunteer Team Leader, Contact Centre Volunteer Supervisor, Senior Volunteer Co-ordinator, Volunteer Team Leader, Volunteer Supervisor, Customer Service Team Leader, Customer Service Supervisor.