(Graduate) Electrical/Software Design Engineer
Composite Integration Ltd are looking for a talented engineer to work on R&D projects, initially in aerospace (and in marine, automotive, renewable energy).
The post holder will create electrical software designs for Composite Integration projects, products and machinery and will also provide technical assistance to the internal business development team and clients regarding machinery and process support.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Researching and creating initial design concepts
- Drafting 2D manufacturing drawings, technical / design specifications and detailed 3D design and equipment GA
- Researching, investigating and identifying engineering solutions for equipment design problems.
- Making recommendations regarding design specifications to ensure equipment matches requirements.
- Ensuring compliance to relevant engineering, manufacturing and Health and Safety procedures.
- Producing all supporting documentation including build drawings and technical documentation manuals (including installation, operation and maintenance manuals)
- Producing accurate Bill of Materials, time sheets etc.
- Providing in-house hands on support with build, commissioning and testing of equipment.
- On-site building, commissioning and testing of equipment.
- Providing training to clients engineers and operators
- Providing clear professional competent support to clients via telephone and email correspondence
Sales Technical Support
- Providing collaborative support within the team to assist with Sales and Marketing
- Providing technical support to assist in quoting the right equipment for a customers needs
- Conducting post completion reviews
- Creating CAD drawings to assist with feasibility /ROM cost quoting for clients.
- Providing on-going client support with technical equipment enquires and product development discussions.
- Maintaining sector technical expertise and knowledge of innovative and emerging technology.
- Providing weekly/ monthly progress reporting to Director/ Engineering Manager on projects
Qualifications and Training
- Degree in Engineering /other relevant discipline or equivalent experience
- Conversant with Microsoft Office and general database usage
- Experience in 3D parametric modelling (Autodesk Inventor)
- Experience in PLC and/or high-level programming language
Knowledge and Expertise
- Theoretical knowledge of mechanical engineering principles.
- Ability to apply engineering knowledge practically and theoretically.
- Ability to understand and interpret information and data for the proper performance of design engineering projects.
- Demonstrable understanding of the importance of using document management systems
- Driving license – due to the requirements of the role (see below)
- Experience in 3D parametric modelling (Autodesk Inventor)
- Knowledge and practical hands on experience of closed mould composite processing.
- Understanding of manufacturing, building, commissioning and testing of new equipment.
- Exposure to a diverse range of complex design projects from concept to production.
- Awareness of relevant design tools, techniques and methods for the closed mould composite sector.
- Up to date knowledge of current CE legislation and standards
- Experienced in using Project Management tools and techniques.
- Fully conversant with relevant regulatory and safety standards.
How you work and fit with our team is really important to us, so you’ll need to:
- Be organised and methodical approach to completing work tasks and managing your own workload.
- Be able to prioritise tasks and processes
- Be able to use your own initiative, be self-motivated and a confident decision maker.
- Demonstrate high levels of attention to detail.
- Have strong and accurate written skills
- Have excellent communication skills with the ability to listen and clearly articulate and present technical information to clients and other stakeholders over the phone and in person.
- Demonstrate strong but calm, independent, analytical and problem solving abilities in challenging, stressful situations (including working across different time zones)
- Be naturally highly collaborative with the ability to work in small teams on multiple consecutive protects.
- Have a strong desire for life-long learning to continually broaden and improve personal capability including maintaining sector technical knowledge and seeking out emerging engineering trends and innovations.
- Be able to travel both in the UK and worldwide - Because we work with customers around the globe, from time to time, we’ll need you to be willing to travel and work independently, for which you will be provided with a company car or hire car
Composite Integration Ltd provides market-leading solutions to the composites industry, specializing in Resin Transfer Moulding and Resin Infusion processes.
Research and technology is central to our business and has enabled us to innovate with customers in sectors ranging from marine, automotive, renewable energy with a particular focus on aerospace.
We are committed to providing a market-leading innovative and well-engineered range of equipment and services to the continually evolving global composite industry.
We are a dedicated, approachable and dynamic team with unrivalled experience. How we work is really important to us; we seek to build strong, long-term relationships with our customers and suppliers. Within our team, we value working in an environment of collaboration, mutual trust and respect where we’re willing to support and learn with and from each other. With an open mind, we work with clear determination to continuously improve and respond positively to the challenges presented.
Simply - We aim to be the innovative ambassador in the composite industry.
Our continued expansion offers new development and career opportunities for the right person who embraces our organization, culture, reputation and ambition for growth.
Applications must be submitted through the Unlocking Potential Jobs website