Temporary Receptionist/Clerical Assistant (Evenings)
Holy Cross College, founded by the Daughters of the Cross, is a Catholic Sixth Form College and University Centre, which exists to promote a high quality education within a community based on Gospel values. We have a first rate system of pastoral care and support, with specialist tutors to guide our students through their studies and achieve their goals.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Temporary Receptionist/Clerical Assistant (Evenings) to join our University Centre team on a part time / temporary basis. You will receive a competitive salary of £2,957 per annum (pro rata to £15,125 per annum) plus excellent benefits!
The purpose of the role is to:
- Operate the college switchboard in a professional manner, diverting calls as appropriate and taking messages and forwarding same on a timely basis assist.
- Support the University Centre staff with relevant reception, administrative and clerical duties.
- Respond to requests from students, other users of the College, and members of the public with regard to enquiries and enrolment
- Undertake general clerical duties for other college departments as appropriate.
The hours of work are 9.5 hours per week usually 4.30 p.m. to 9.15 p.m. on Wednesday and Thursday evenings for 28 weeks of the year and 7 hours per week usually 4.30 p.m. to 8.00 p.m. on Wednesday and Thursday evenings for 8 weeks of the year. This role is to commence as soon as possible until 12th July 2019 .
Benefits of working at Holy Cross College:
We believe Holy Cross Sixth Form College is a great place to work as we genuinely care about all our staff and want them to be happy working here. In return our staff can expect:
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Option to purchase additional annual leave (support staff)
- Option to apply for sabbatical leave
- Family friendly policies
- Automatic enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme or Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Excellent opportunities for CPD, individualised induction programmes for new staff and appropriate support for NQTs
- Cycle scheme vouchers (subject to terms and conditions)
- VDU eye sight test vouchers (subject to terms and conditions)
- Various health and wellbeing benefits (including an on-site gym, staff wellbeing activities, staff badminton and football)
- Counselling service – face to face counselling as well as access to a confidential telephone counselling service
Further details and an application form are available from the College website: https://www.holycross.ac.uk/information/job-vacancies/
Closing Date: 10.00 a.m. on Wednesday 24th October 2018. Please note: we do not accept CVs.
Holy Cross College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. In this respect all applicants are advised that any offer of appointment will be subject to Enhanced Clearance through the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) as well as other relevant checks.