King’s Ely is a thriving independent school with around 1000 pupils aged 1-18, of which approximately 200 over the age of 8 are boarders.
We are looking for enthusiastic & reliable minibus drivers with a Full D1 Licence (not a (101) restriction) or the ability and desire to obtain a D1 pass within 6 months of joining.
- Ad hoc driving duties
- Reporting to the Transport Manager and Business Manager
- Provide regular transport between the school and villages en-route
- Driving people carriers, 9 – 12 seat minibuses, and 17 seat minibuses
- Staff discounts on school fees
- Free on-site parking
- Private healthcare insurance
- Free school lunch and refreshments
- Cycle to work scheme
- Complimentary use of school gym and swimming pool
- Full D1 Driver training, Health & Safety and Child Protection training given
- Great interpersonal & communication skills
- Understanding of vehicle function and maintenance
- Full clean UK driving licence (Category B) for at least 2 years
- Able to pass a minibus driving assessment
- Medically fit to drive under DVLA regulations
- Aged at least 21 years old (due to insurance restrictions)
Hours: 6:30am-8:30am & 5:15pm-7:15pm, 20 hours per week during term time only (34 weeks a year).
King’s Ely is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post. This includes checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.