Structured Trade Review
Structured Trade Review
Location: Mayfair, London
Salary: Market rate
Closing date for applications: 13 November 2018
Who we are
Rokos Capital Management LLP (“RCM”) is a hedge fund manager founded in 2015 and currently has over 130 employees between our London headquarters and Washington, D.C. research office. The Firm manages a global macro hedge fund that targets consistent long-term returns for our investors within a well-defined risk framework. The fund is active in the major macro asset classes: interest rates, FX, equities, as well as emerging markets, credit and commodities.
At RCM, our culture is driven by teamwork, our ability to analyse and solve complex problems, and our embedded ‘QED’ ethos: you will work alongside exceptional people who question consensus, maintain high ethical standards and are continually demanding of themselves.
An exciting new role is being created, the structured trade review role, which will sit alongside the Trade Assistant team. Our mission is to provide a front to back in-depth review of the structured trades ensuring the trade representation and valuations are captured correctly both internally and externally.
This will include independent modelling of the trades, the review of: the internal bookings, recaps and legal confirmations as well as in-depth analysis of the Risk and P&L. The candidate has the opportunity to develop this role; implementing the required processes and further enhancing current control frameworks.
Responsibilities will typically include:
- Modelling trades independently, understanding the risks and pricing of complex products.
- Reviewing the legal confirmations and trade booking.
- Reviewing Risk and P&L of complex trades against counterparty valuations and other external sources.
- Impact testing of booking methodologies.
- Working closely with Trading Assistants, Quants and Technology on trade valuation/enhancement projects.
Business and projects
We work on a number of different projects, from market projects to internal initiatives. The candidate will be very involved with the on-going new instrument approval process and Exotic population reviews.
The role will require working closely with other departments across the business, including: the Investment Desk, Trading Assistants, Risk, Operations, Fund Control, Quantitative Analytics (Quants) and Technology.
Skills and qualifications required
- Outstanding academics: A-Levels at grade A; a 1st or 2:1 class degree obtained in a numerate discipline from a highly regarded University; and a Master’s Degree in a relevant subject
- Demonstrable recent relevant work experience gained working in a leading investment bank or hedge fund
- Good understanding of derivatives and market knowledge
- An excellent practical and methodological approach to your work
- Excellent attention to detail and a proactive response to mistakes
- An ability to question, challenge and improve processes
- Excellent communication skills
We would also prefer you to have:
- Exotic rates product experience
- Confirmation review experience