5 days left
- Full Time
Job Ref | 18 - 00212
Area | Finance
Salary | GBP 23,946 – GBP 26,166
Contract | Full Time – Permanent
Location | SBSA
Closing date | 26 October 2018
Interview date | 2 November2018
About the Role:
City of Bristol College is seeking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic and proactive Payroll Officer. This position is full time, will be based at the SBSA and will lead and manage the payroll team.
What you’ll be responsible for/what we are looking for:
The principal responsibilities of the role are:
- Lead the payroll team in preparing the monthly College payroll and ensure that Employees pay is accurate and that the payments are made on time in accordance with the monthly payroll calendar and be responsible for ensuring all payroll deadlines are met.
- Be the line manager to the payroll assistant.
- Be the College’s payroll expert to respond to staff and management queries regarding their pay, pensions, taxes and expenses.
- Be the College’s expert on the payroll system (iTrent) and ensure that the payroll system is up to date, i.e. with relevant amendments for joiner and leaver information and, where appropriate, to confirm relevant calculations.
- Manage and perform the Input and production of P45 information for starters and leavers, production of annual P60 and other required returns and statements.
- Liaise with the Human Resources Department on a monthly basis to ensure all payroll data is accurate and up-to-date.
- Be responsible for the maintenance of the staff payroll data and review and verify changes to pay; for example as a result of pay increments, pay awards, allowances, deductions, advances etc.
- Check and review expenses claims to ensure that these are in line with College policies and have been properly approved.
- To input and verify staff Expenses and Hours claims and to review and confirm holiday pay accrued for Nil hours staff and ensure appropriate evidence of expenditure is provided and filed.
- Be responsible for the preparation of reports for Pension providers and others as well as updating Pension providers with starter, leavers, hours changes, post changes, address changes and other standing data changes and ensure that auto-enrolment regulations are complied with. Submit all required reports and payments to pension providers by relevant deadlines
- Be the main point of contact for payroll audits, including internal audit, external audit and TPS returns.
- Submit relevant filings to HMRC. Ensure all required payments are made to HMRC in a timely manner. Produce from the payroll system monthly costing and journal information for the finance function. Assist the Finance business partners in preparing the monthly payroll account reconciliations.
- Identify potential process, procedures and system improvements and take the lead in the implementation as and when required.
- Provide support and cover for City of Bristol College (“COBC”) finance activities as required including income, accounts payable, accounts receivable and cashiering activities as required from time to time.
- Understand and comply with key financial policies such as Financial Regulations, Standing Orders, Budgetary control policy and establishment control policy.
- Undertake ad hoc projects, as directed.
- Work innovatively and creatively to achieve objectives and deliver an outstanding quality customer service.
We are looking for someone who has a qualification equivalent to AAT Level 4 or equivalent qualification by experience. In addition, the applicant should be confident in working in a fast paced environment, with changing priorities.
You will also need to be able to build and maintain excellent working relationships with stakeholders, at all levels, internally and externally, as well as other members of College staff and students.
Life at City of Bristol College:
City of Bristol College offers a generous holiday entitlement of 26 days, plus additional 8 Bank Holidays and 8 College Closure Days. In addition, we offer membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme, as well as a range of other benefits including health and beauty discounts, cycle to work scheme and shopping discounts.
About the College:
City of Bristol College is one of the City’s largest employers, based at four different sites across the City. We offer a wide range of courses from entry to degree level and cater for learners of all ages and backgrounds. We strive for student achievement through providing the best possible student experience, professional staff and outstanding resources. Our success in this isn’t possible without the commitment, dedication and collaboration of every member of staff.
If you feel you can demonstrate the dedication, skills and passion required for this role, we look forward to receiving your application.
Please refer to our Job Description, Person Specification and Conditions of Service for more information.
How to Apply
Click the apply button and follow the instructions.
You will be directed to City of Bristol College’s career page where you will be required to complete an application form.
NO CVs – NO AGENCIES