Support Worker BLUS72798
Permanent, Full Time (37.5 hours per week – Mornings, Evenings & Sleep-in’s)
Our client is an adult social care provider, rated as outstanding by CQC for their Domiciliary Care. They are proud of their history of supporting people with complex mental health needs and learning disabilities and support more than 1500 people in a diverse range of services across London. They employ 1000 staff and are committed to their development. You have the opportunity to work with incredible people, develop your career and support others to have a good life.
If you interested in a career that makes a difference, they are recruiting Grade 3 Support Workers to support adults with learning disabilities in their own home, to enable them to live a good life achieving their own goals. As a Support Worker, you will work as part of a team, supporting people in line with their person-centred support plans, supporting them with all aspects of their daily life both at home and out and about in their community.
Key to your success as a Support Worker will be your ability to build rapport with the people they support, being adaptable and able to develop good relationships with colleagues in each of the services. A strong positive attitude is essential for this position, along with a willingness to undertake various levels of personal care and manual handling, and to make a difference to the lives of those you support.
As this is a Grade 3 Support Worker role, they are looking for someone that will be able to mentor other members of staff and share your knowledge and experience relating to your specialty in order to improve the team as a whole. This means that you will be expected to coach and mentor new, inexperienced and relief staff and provide developmental feedback on their work. In addition to, offering guidance and support, demonstrating great practice through role modelling.
To be a successful Support Worker you will need to demonstrate:
- Experience of supporting people who have learning disabilities to become more active in their community
- Experience of Key/Link Working with individuals and of enabling people with learning disability to take positive risks in the lives
- Experience of mentoring/supervising/coaching others
- Experience of building great relationships which promotes inclusion for people with learning disabilities
- Understanding the challenges that are likely to be faced by many people with disabilities
- Knowledge of safeguarding
- Ability to make and maintain great relationships with others and someone who is able to help others make contacts and friendships
- Able to motivate others and build their confidence to try new things, meet new people, organise others to get things achieved
They will trust you to:
- Ensure people are supported in everyday tasks in a respectful way that meets their individual
- needs and preferences and enables them to do as much as possible themselves and gives them as much choice, control and involvement as possible – whether it is assistance to eat, wash, dress, enhancing their mobility, making meals, providing medication, communicating their needs, working out their money, getting in touch with friends, taking part in classes, or linking with the community.
- Balance creating opportunities for people to try new things and make choices for themselves with the need to ensure people are safe and risks are well managed.
- Ensure all the plans and records relating to people are accurate and up to date using respectful language which allows people to see what progress is being made against goals; track areas of concern (e.g. health) and take action as agreed.
- Support people to have their own voice heard wherever possible and where needed speak up for them and their interests e.g. when out and about, with other professionals, within the team. Consistently look to find ways to ensure people have as much power and control over their lives as possible.
- Work in a consistent and positive way with local managers and other team members to ensure people get a great service from the whole team at any time. Ensure all organisation policies and specific agreed ways of working in the service are followed e.g. that specific support plans are being followed up, that medication processes are being adhered to, that money is managed effectively, that health and safety practices are carried out.
- An ability to observe changes within the individual’s circumstances and respond accordingly as well as the ability to undertake personal care tasks in a sensitive manner to meet the needs of the people we support.
What’s in it for you:
- A competitive salary
- Pension Salary sacrifice scheme
- A stimulating work environment full of opportunities to learn and develop
- An attractive package of 25 days annual leave, pension scheme, childcare vouchers, access to a 24-hour Employee Assistance counselling
- They will pay for your Enhanced DBS.
- Eye care vouchers
- Travel season ticket loan
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Working Together
- Continuously Improving
- Inspired by People
All their posts are subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure as well as a need for full employment history from time of leaving compulsory education and up to date employment references. They are committed to equal opportunities in employment and service delivery and they welcome applications from all sections of the community. They guarantee to interview all applicants with a disability who meet the minimum criteria for the job vacancy and to consider them on their abilities.
You may have experience of the following: Support Worker, Charity, Charities, Third Sector, Learning Disabilities, Social Care, Voluntary Sector, Mental Health Worker, Healthcare Assistant, Care Staff, Community Development, Care Worker, Vulnerable People, Social Worker, Not for Profit, NFP etc.
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.
Apply for Support Worker BLUS72798
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly