Job Title: Fabricator/Welder
Salary: Competitive salary available
47.5 hours per week
ParkerSteel is the largest steel stockholder & processor in the UK and has been successfully trading in the engineering and steel industry for over 100 years. As a family run business, we are focused on continuous innovation and improvements that are implemented collaboratively with our staff. Our company has rapidly grown due to the investment in technology and our staff. At the heart of our business, is ensuring our staff are motivated, engaged and developing. All our staff members undergo continuous training and development programmes to help them gain new skills, recognised certificates and the opportunities to further their career with us. As well as free training and development opportunities all our staff have access to a great variety of high street and online discounts via our PerkBox staff scheme.
With this in mind, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Fabricator/Welder to join our Technical Maintenance department at our Canterbury site. You will be supporting the team with the general maintenance on site, including repairs to the machinery and vehicles.
• MIG and TIG welding
• Gas cutting (oxy-propane) experience desirable but not essential (training can be provided)
• Ability to check own work for QA purposes
• Overhead crane experience would be preferable but training is provided.
• Must be able to work independently
• Must be able to fabricate from basic drawings and develop ideas with team members
• Ability to use lathe – desirable but not essential
• Working to meet deadlines
• Coded fabricators/welders would be an advantage
• Ability to read fabrication drawings - basic knowledge required (further training given)
• Strong health and safety awareness
• Familiarity with workshop environment and handheld tools/machines
• Training and development
• Employee discount scheme
• Access to the company Perkbox membership
• Promotion opportunities
• Plant and overhead crane training provided