Warehouse Assistant - Goods In
Warehouse Assistant - Goods In
Gatwick, West Sussex
Are you a warehouse professional looking for your next challenge? Could you thrive as a Warehouse Assistant for a growing fulfillment and logistics company?
If so, read on.
We’re ILG (International Logistics Group). We’re an independent fulfilment, warehousing and logistics provider with over 25 years’ experience and market-leading status.
Due to continued planned growth, we are now seeking a Warehouse Assistant to join our Goods-In team.
- Salary of £16,668 - £18,162 per annum
- Bonus scheme (£600)
- Forklift allowance (£400) if applicable
- Healthshield (care package and discounts)
- 20 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays and option to buy / sell holiday
- Free, on-site parking
- Life assurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Twice yearly salary reviews
Every day our people work hard to make our customers more successful and in return, we work hard to make our employees more successful. We invest in their training and development, recognise and reward their achievements and create opportunities to progress within our business.
We understand the importance of making time to unwind and have fun, so we fund a number of social events, including our amazing annual party. Each year we celebrate in style, present our annual employee awards and celebrate the people that make our business so special.
So, if you want to develop an exciting career, learn from a friendly team and realise your full potential in a fast-moving industry, this is the role for you.
As a Warehouse Assistant, you will be involved in every aspect of the smooth running of the Goods In Department, as well as the warehouse as a whole.
You’ll receive and book in client stock in-line with SLAs, support stock control activities and carry out picking, packing and dispatch duties when required.
Additionally, you will:
- Receive and review stock and enter information into the Goods In log
- Ensure that stock cycle counts are completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Contribute to audited counts of full stock-holding on a regular basis
- Make sure that deliveries taken in are communicated to the correct contact
- Ensure that goods leaving the warehouse are signed for and all paperwork is passed on to the Customer Service Team
To be considered as a Warehouse Assistant, you will need:
- Warehouse experience, ideally including goods in experience
- Experience in a role requiring accuracy and attention to detail
- An awareness of the importance of health and safety in a warehousing environment
- Strong IT skills and the ability to learn new systems
- Good numeracy skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
A forklift truck (FLT) licence or experience would be beneficial to your application.
This role will involve some lifting and carrying of heavy items.
Other organisations may call this role Warehouse Assistant, Goods In Co-ordinator, Goods In Assistant, Warehouse Operative, Warehouse Co-ordinator, Goods In Operative, Picker, Packer, Distribution Assistant, Distribution Operative, or Logistics Operative.
To apply for the role of Warehouse Assistant, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.