We offer an excellent opportunity to join a well-established manufacturing business, currently enjoying a period of growth, as their QSHE Manager. Ideally from a manufacturing background you will lead the team in all aspects of Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental standards, ensuring that this prestigious, award winning, organisation’s products and service are fit for purpose and meet both external and internal requirements. As the Quality, Health and Safety Manager, leading of team of five, you will ensure that all activities are co-ordinated to meet quality standards which are accredited to ISO9001 standard. Working as a key member of the management team, reporting to the MD, the QSHE Manager will monitor and advise on the performance of the QMS, producing data, reporting on performance and measuring against set standards. This exciting position is business critical to the company, you will lead on all quality and continuous improvement matters ensuring the company continues to enjoy sustainable growth.
Key responsibilities – QSHE Manager:
- Devising. establishing and developing the MTAG’s quality procedures, standards and QMS;
- Reviewing customer requirements and making sure that they are met;
- Assisting the Directors, and line managers in setting standards for health and safety and specifications such that they meet ISO9001:2015;
- Working closely with the Buyer to establish the quality requirements from external suppliers;
- Looking for ways to reduce waste and increase efficiency;
- Defining the quality procedures in conjunction with Cell Leaders and Operating staff;
- Setting up and maintaining controls and documentation procedures;
- Leading continuous improvement initiatives;
- Leading and Project managing FAI (First Article Inspections) and Customer Audits;
- Monitoring performance by gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports;
- Work with the members of the management team to develop a set of KPI’s, Matrices and Quality Objectives;
- Using relevant quality tools and making sure managers and other staff understand how to improve the MTAG business;
- Making sure MTAG is working as effectively as possible to maintain a competitive advantage over its competitors;
- Work with the Buyer to audit the supply chain and to ensure that MATAG complies with its REACH obligations.
- Maintain subordinates discipline, work load and authorise annual leave and overtime.
QSHE Manager – Personal Specification:
- Excellent Organisation and Forward Planning Skills.
- Excellent Negotiation and Persuasion skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships internally and externally.
- Good leadership skills.
- Strong at problem solving.
- An in-depth knowledge of Quality Management Standards such as ISO9001:2015. Also a working knowledge of 14001, 18001 and AS09100 would be useful.
- Proven numerical and statistical ability.
- Good literacy skills.
- Teamworking ethic.
- An aptitude for analysis.
- Experience and track record in manufacturing environments.
- IT Literate – MS Office & ERP Software.
- A recognized Quality Management qualification.
- Customer Audit and FIA Experienced.
- An attention to detail.
- A working knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental management – NEBOSH training would be an advantage.