Chief Executive Officer
Tennis Wales - Chief Executive Officer – Salary – Competitive
Tennis Wales Ltd is the governing body for the sport in Wales, working with the Lawn Tennis Association, Sport Wales and the wider community to grow the game and make it accessible throughout Wales.
We will do this by increasing participation across the community, developing a trained and experienced workforce of coaches, community activators and young tennis leaders, and creating a nation of champions by providing a pathway that can help talented players to realise their full potential.
We are entering a new era and are currently devising our new strategy and vision. We work closely with Sport Wales and the Lawn Tennis Association to ensure our visions for the sport are all aligned and are modernising and improving our board to be at the forefront of national governing body leadership. As an organisation our ambition is to enrich and improve the
communities of Wales through tennis.
Our new CEO will develop our strategic plan and vision and engage and inspire all of our stakeholders to deliver it. Our CEO will be a dynamic, passionate and driven leader with a proven track record in a related role and have the gravitas and credibility to drive our organisation to achieve its ambitions. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of an exciting
time in Tennis Wales.
The following are some specific skills and experience that we are looking for:
- The development and successful delivery of corporate level strategic plans and visions.
- A track record of outstanding stakeholder management in a complex operating environment. Building productive and sustainable relationships within Tennis Wales and with Sport Wales and other external partners is critical to success in this role.
- Exceptional financial planning and reporting skills.
- Experience of handling and overseeing safeguarding which is essential to the safety of our tennis players.
- A demonstrable track record of innovative and entrepreneurial development of commercial partnerships and income.
- The ability and energy to lead, inspire and deliver cultural change at an organisational level.
- An outstanding understanding of how to operate and promote an organisation using the latest digital technology.
- Knowledge of the sports industry and latest legislation in the field.
- Experience of leading a team to deliver results against ambitious targets.
If you want to lead Tennis Wales into this new era and work with our dynamic board and team to achieve this vision, please email your CV and a covering letter to support your application in confidence by clicking apply.
Tennis Wales is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from all backgrounds.