PR Manager (3 Months Fix Term)
An opportunity has arisen for a PR and Communications professional to join ourselves on a fix term 3-month contract. In this role you will be responsible for the strategy and delivery of PR, internal communications, events, and activations across the group. They will need to be proactive and confident, with excellent writing skills, digital media understanding and solid experience in PR and internal communications.
The role sits at the heart of Reach and will work across many teams (both print and digital, national and regional) to lead and manage a variety of engaging initiatives to promote Reach and its news brands. The PR Manager will be a creative and energetic professional with experience of leading a successful PR / Communications team, and be proficient in delivering a press office function and internal communications. They will embrace challenge and be excited by the prospect of being able to shape Reach's brand identity and profile both internally and across the industry.
This position is for a 3-month fix term contract role. We are equally advertising for a full time, permanent position.
Who are we? We are Reach because it's what we do.
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 540 million newspapers, and our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, viewed by 110m unique browsers every month.
- Strategically manage the communications for Reach's national and regional portfolio of titles. This will include proactively finding opportunities to amplify our corporate brand messages whilst answering enquiries from stakeholders and guiding Reach's corporate response in an effective and timely manner.
- Working closely with stakeholders to create a strategy that brings Reach's values to life with a range of engaging initiatives for employees across the Group.
- Award Submission Excellence: Identify relevant awards and work with key stakeholders to write and submit relevant industry awards including co-ordinating the strategic approach.
- Work with the events team on guiding and implementing the PR strategy for Reach's national events including Pride of Britain, Animal Hero Awards, and Pride of Sport.
- Maintain and update information on the corporate websites. Monitor the media and circulate relevant coverage to internal stakeholders.
- Successfully mentor and manage the Senior PR Executive providing support, guidance and career development.
The Ideal Candidate
- Clear and effective communicator especially when dealing with senior internal stakeholders (CEO, Editor in Chiefs etc) and external media.
- Able to grasp complex scenarios to deliver both clear and concise advise and an effective PR strategy.
- Apply industry leading PR skills to maximise publicity around key initiatives and events.
- Ability to provide media training to key internal commercial and editorial stakeholders.
- Proactive and can-do attitude, willing to try new things and raise the bar.
- Ability to write to a high standard with excellent grammatical skills. Can remain calm under pressure.
- Confident in dealing with a range of people of varying seniority from across the business.
In addition to competitive salaries, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc offer a whole host of voluntary flexible benefits. These include a car scheme, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans and an employee assistance programme.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.