16 hrs per week
£6,615.71 - £6,963.90 per annum, DOE
We are looking for a Support Worker to join our team at Simmins Crescent Care Home, based in Eyres Monsell, Leicester. The home is for people who have visual impairments and learning disabilities.
You will be required to work 16 hours per week and flexibly over a 24 hour period seven days a week, including bank holidays and weekends.
In this role you will:
- support individuals as needed with their physical and personal care, according to their Support Plan.
- be aware of the communication needs of each individual, as detailed in their Support Plan and to ensure that they are fully met at all times.
- support each individual to make choices in all aspects of their life.
- initiate, organise and support activities that respond to individual preferences, both within the bungalow and in the local community.
- need to demonstrate compassion, adaptability and integrity.
Previous experience of working with people in a residential or health setting is desirable but not essential as full training will be provided.
When rostered to work weekends and bank holidays you will be paid, at an enhanced hourly rate.
Some sleeping-in duties may also be required for which an additional payment of £46.59 per sleep in will be made.
In return you will receive a competitive salary in line with the Health & Social care sector, and a generous benefits package and investment in your personal growth with continuous training.
Working for Vista means you will be working for one of the oldest and largest local charities in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland, working with people with sight loss and their families.
Closing date: Sunday 28th October 2018 - Midnight
Interview date: Week Commencing Monday 5th November 2018
If you do not hear from us within three weeks of the closing date, please assume you have regrettably not been selected for interview on this occasion.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.