Maternity cover for 6 months
Salary: £40,000 per annum
Hours: 35 hours per week
Closing date: Midnight, Monday 15th October2018
PA Housing is an award winning provider of affordable, quality homes, but our business is about more than property – it’s about people. We aim to put our residents at the centre of everything we do and offer first class services to all.
Our business is built around decades of experience in the social housing sector across the Midlands, London, Home Counties and the South East. We hold a stock of more than 24,000 homes and employ 600 plus staff to provide a high standard of service to our householders.
Over the next five years we plan to expand further, to increase our stock, and consolidate our offering within our current service areas. We aim to deliver value for money, while building at least 500 new homes a year, and continuing to raise our standards
Our success and our plans for the future would not be possible without our dedicated team of staff members. Every one of our employees help to make a difference to the lives of our residents and other local people, and we look after our team members well.
We currently have an opportunity for a Business Accountant to join our dedicated team in Leicester and we really want to hear from you if;
- You have a recognised Accountancy qualification or are qualified by experience;
- Have experience in high performing management accounting function including budget setting and forecasting;
- Have experience of utilising and developing financial IT systems and working with budget holders and their teams;
- Are able to analyse complex information and present it in clear fashion;
- Are willing to travel to other PA Housing office locations for regular meetings.
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to work as an integral part of a dedicated Finance team. You will provide a high quality financial services and decision support services to all functions within the Asset Management directorate.
Within this role you will be responsible for producing good quality monthly report which provides relevant numerical and written analysis of business. You will also support Asset Management colleagues with evaluation and development of stock investment/divestment analysis tools.
We recognise that people are at the heart of our business and that success is dependent on enthusiastic and committed colleagues. We make sure they feel supported and encourage a culture of opportunity and learning to enable colleagues to fulfil their potential and make a real difference to peoples lives every day.
Working for PA is incredibly rewarding. Everyone in our team makes a difference to people in the diverse and vibrant communities we serve.
In return, we reward our staff for their dedication by offering competitive salaries and an excellent range of employee benefits including:
- 26 days annual leave entitlement per annum plus bank holidays (pro rated for part time roles)
- Opportunities to develop your career through internal and external training, professional qualifications, career coaching etc.
- Generous pension scheme
- Health Cash plan for discounted optical, dental and health
- Childcare vouchers
- Car allowance for certain roles
- Free VDU tests
- Long Service Awards
- We are located 3 miles from M1/M69 and 1 mile away from Leicester train station
There is an expectation that a new employee will not normally be eligible for transfers, promotions or secondments for a period of 6 months.
How to Apply
Click the apply button and follow the instructions.
You will be directed to PA Housing’s career page where you will be required to complete an application form.
NO CV’s – NO AGENCIES