FULL-TIME LIVE-IN PREMISES ATTENDANT
Ware Drill Hall Association is a not-for-profit organisation and registered charity which has been operating a busy community hall since April 2001.
The role will primarily involve cleaning and caretaking duties in addition to other tasks as required to assist the Premises Supervisor.
- Physical fitness is essential as the job will involve using various items of equipment as well as lifting and shifting furniture, in addition to some strenuous cleaning tasks such as the mopping of large floor areas
- Applicants should be familiar with the methods, equipment and materials used in cleaning in addition to being ready and willing to learn and apply the necessary knowledge and skills to complete tasks
- Candidates must have a sufficient level of literacy and numeracy to be able to complete routine documentation, interpret the bookings schedule and observe instructions and advice
- Basic computer knowledge will also be beneficial in order to correspond by email and produce and print documents on a PC
The jobholder must be generally available to provide cover as and when necessary, six days a week, including some Bank Holidays.
- Shift times will vary from week to week, as well as on a seasonal basis, as per the demands of the bookings schedule, but will be set with the aim of maintaining an average week of 36 hours (time-in-lieu will be offered when excess hours have been worked)
- This may include early and/or late shifts and there will be a certain amount of flexibility as shift-times can be negotiated with the Premises Supervisor to some extent on a week-by-week basis
- Annual holiday provision is 24 days per year (plus Public Bank Holidays)
To apply for this post please send an email with your CV accompanied by a covering letter which explains your interest in working for Ware Drill Hall Association as well as outlining your suitability for the post to Ms C Ward at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be assessed as they are received so an early response is advisable.