Newspaper Sales Manager - Birmingham & Coventry
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Newspaper Sales Manager to join the West Midlands Newspaper Sales Team, part of Reach plc. In this role, you will be responsible for the delivery of circulation volume and revenue for all Reach titles across the West Midlands including the Birmingham Mail, Coventry Telegraph, Birmingham Post, Sunday Mercury, Black Country Bugle, Tamworth Herald and Nuneaton News. Reporting to the Head of Newspaper Sales, you will be engaging in all relevant sales department activity, both in the field and occasionally within the office.
For the right candidate, this role can offer the successful individual an exciting opportunity to promote the titles in the West Midlands within an extremely autonomous role, with varied responsibilities each day. If you enjoy meeting new people, have experience managing a sales team and would love to represent and promote our successful newspaper brands, we want to hear from you!
Reach PLC is one of the UK's largest media publishers, encompassing an award winning portfolio of 5 national titles, 130 regional titles and over 500 digital products. We employ more than 6,000 people across 60-plus locations around the country. Trusted, reliable and essential on social, mobile, desktop and in print, our loyal readers and advertisers are attracted by the knowledge, insight and vital services that our iconic brands provide.
- Managing a team of 3, being responsible for working with selected key retailers across Birmingham and Coventry to promote Reach PLC titles.
- Monitor and report on all aspects on the NS function, e. sales, revenue and expenditure.
- Contribute to setting of annual volume and revenue sales budgets.
- Ensure all activity and expenditure is assessed in terms of profitability.
- Ensure that Editorial content decisions are consistently appropriate to the requirements to the NS function.
- Liaise with marketing ensuring pillar promotion activity is realised.
- Oversee active sales activity, ensuring full Health & Safety compliance for all events and activity.
- Provide a statistical summary of each area/title/person activity and performance.
- React appropriately to supply management decisions against all sales opportunities.
- Review and adjust supply to take advantage of specific sales opportunities.
- Management of P. stock levels.
- Ensure our titles are represented in the best way possible.
The ideal candidate:
This role would suit an individual with a proven track record of managing a sales team, who is confident, driven and friendly with persuasive skills. You will have outstanding communication skills and be experienced in customer-facing environments. Being able to work autonomously and use your own initiative is a key element of this role, alongside the ability to manage your time effectively. Good numeric and basic computer skills will aid your success in this role.
As the majority of time will be spent field-based, you must have a full valid driving licence and a company car will be provided. Working hours will generally be Monday-Friday (37 hours a week) although we do require flexibility Monday-Sunday to accommodate occasional weekend work.
Full training will be given.
You can look forward to a competitive salary, 25 days holiday pro rota (plus bank holidays), contributory pension scheme, plus many other benefits available to you as a Reach employee.