Cyber Security Apprentice
Cyber Security Apprentice (Contract)
This apprentice opportunity is a learning opportunity across two teams, ICT and Technology, in an environment that encourages personal and professional development. The role will start in ICT and transition into the Technology Group, working in programme areas such a network security and resilience.
Purpose of the Role
This apprentice opportunity is a learning opportunity across two teams, ICT and Technology, in an environment that encourages personal and professional development. During the 24 month apprentice period, there will be an opportunity to:
- Work with the ICT helpdesk team, shadow incoming calls and learn how to diagnose and remediate ICT issues
- Work with the ICT deskside team, learn the processes and techniques that deliver a serviceable PC fleet
- Work with the ICT security team, learn about how technical security is managed in an organisation
- Gain a practical grounding in enterprise-scale data networking techniques
- Work with the Technology team, learn about how Ofcom ensures its regulated stakeholders have appropriate security measures in place and comply to various legislative requirements.
- Begin to assimilate Cyber Security as a career
Requirements of the Role
- A team player who is dedicated and committed
- Self-motivated, positive and proactive, with a flexible approach to tasks
- Evidence of capability and interest at the hobby-level of personal computers and the internet.
- Evidence of some understanding of security / cyber matters
- Interested and able to learn about penetration testing, encryption technologies, intrusion detection & incident response
- Understanding of Cloud computing
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Appreciation of Ofcom's values of excellence, agility, empowerment and collaboration
- Be ready for a professional and corporate environment
- Educated to GCSE or A-Level
- An apprentice should be willing to begin a journey of development and will be expected to gain industry recognised qualifications such as QiCA, CISA, CISM, CISSP
- Successful candidate will be provided the opportunity to complete a fully certified course
Apprenticeship: Cyber security technologist, delivered by Firebrand
Level 4 (equivalent to certificate of higher education)
As part of the application we will ask you to complete an online application form. If you meet the criteria you will be contacted by the recruitment team at Ofcom and be invited to attend an interview at our offices near London Bridge.
Ofcom is an equal opportunities employer and committed to equality of opportunity for all. As a disability, confident employer, all disabled candidates who meet all the essential criteria of a job description will be guaranteed an interview.
Please note, the closing date for application 17th October 2018.
To apply for the role of Cyber Security Apprentice, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Cyber Security Apprentice, ICT Apprentice, IT Apprentice, IT Apprenticeship, Trainee Cyber Security Analyst, Trainee Cyber Security Engineer, Trainee IT Engineer, IT.