Assistant Cell Lead – Injection Moulding
Job title: Assistant Cell Lead - Injection Moulding
Package:Salary commensurate with experience
40 hour week + O/T as required
Holidays - 20 days rising to 25 days + statutory holidays
Start date: Immediate start
Rotalink is a Somerset based company who design and manufacture miniature transmission systems. We are undertaking an extensive upgrading of our injection moulding capability. Alongside our new equipment we are looking to recruit an assistant team leader who has a detailed understanding of the fundamental principles of the injection moulding process and is familiar with advanced quality measurement techniques utilized in fine tolerance injection moulding.
- Conduct all aspects of mould change.
- Set tools & ancillary equipment, including programming of handling devices/robots.
- Prove new injection mould tools, conduct process establishment - Optimising the moulding cycle to achieve cycle time & specification using DoE, verify through statistical process control.
- Diagnose injection moulding faults and rectify them in a logical and systematic manner, whilst maintaining part integrity and traceability.
- Maintain moulded piece part consistency through the use of statistical techniques - Carry out full dimensional checks, first off & in process checks.
- Maintain the cell output, satisfying all supply side fulfilment obligations.
- Carry out basic machine maintenance - Liaise with external vendors regarding planned & preventative maintenance.
- Identify opportunities for improvement.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Preferably hold a technical qualification in injection moulding.
- Experienced moulding setter/technician.
- Have experience in the range 20T - 100T injection moulding machinery.
- Experience of moulding a range of engineering polymers.
- Familiar with using and applying statistical and formal problem solving techniques.
- Flexible approach to working hours.
- Prepared to undertake further on or off site training.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding company and be at the forefront of its development into a global business.
Agencies in writing only - no calls accepted.