DOWN TOOLS FOR AN EXCITING OPPORTUNITY TO WORK ON AN ISLAND!
THORPE PARK Resort - the UK’s #1 Thrill & Entertainments Capital
If you are a Skilled Engineer, we’d love to speak to you, although you won’t need to be shipwrecked to wash up on our shores.
In our great team community of Mechanical & Electrical Ride Engineers, you’ll be working in an atmosphere of spirited individuals, all working to the highest standards, keeping our Rides & Attractions running smoothly and to the highest standards of safety & efficiency. You’ll have full participation in the execution & planning of our annual winter maintenance & certification programmes, working to the highest standards required by HSE and statutory requirements.
You’ll have the following skills & experience to join our Mechanical Ride Engineering team:
- A proven knowledge of Mechanical engineering with the ability to carry out planned & un-planned safety inspection & maintenance work on amusement devices & associated equipment in accordance with HSG175
- You’ll have completed a recognised apprenticeship or hold a recognised qualification e.g. City & Guild, BTEC, NVQ level 3, ONC – Mechanical engineering discipline as a minimum qualification
- Ability to read & understand schematic drawings in order to carry out effective fault finding and diagnostics. Experience of working with hydraulic & pneumatic diagrams is essential
- Experience of Health & Safety procedures relevant to engineering activities & the safe handling of heavy equipment
You’ll have the following skills & experience for our Electrical Ride Engineering team:
- A proven knowledge of Electrical engineering with the ability to carry out planned & un-planned safety inspection & maintenance work on amusement devices & associated equipment in accordance with HSG175
- ONC/BTEC Level 3 or equivalent in an Electrical/Electronic Engineering discipline
- Ability to read and use engineering drawings
- Knowledge of AC/DC drives and their associated motors or pumps and PLC fault-finding
- Experience working with hydraulics and pneumatics
These exciting positions are Full-Time, Permanent, averaging 40 hours per week & will include some weekends & bank holidays as required.
Benefits: Alongside competitive annual salaries & 28 days paid holiday, you can look forward to enjoying great benefits including a Group Personal Pension Plan; a Merlin Magic pass, giving you 40 free tickets annually, to any of our attractions worldwide; 25% discount in our retail shops & restaurants; 40% discount online off LEGO products, and much more!
So come and meet us for a chat, free welcome drink & an interview with one of our friendly team members to hear all about these exciting team roles & potential career opportunities in one of the World’s most entertaining companies; Merlin Entertainments.
If you think you'd be perfect for this role, we'd love to hear from you
Apply for SKILLED ENGINEER
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly