Pensions Casework Team Leader / Pensions Administrator
Job Title: Pensions Casework Team Leader - Level 2
Position: Full Time, Permanent (37 hours per week)
Purpose of the Role:
To Support the Pensions Case Manager, leading a team of Pensions Caseworkers, providing a pension scheme administration service in respect of the pension schemes administered by the Company, including supporting the learning and development needs of the Team.
- To effectively lead a team of Pensions Caseworkers processing and checking a range of general pensions case work
- To maintain a good understanding of the regulations and legislation relevant to pensions administration and specifically to the case work undertaken by the team
- To be responsible for own workload ensuring service targets and deadlines are met
- To be responsible for the teams workload ensuring service targets and deadlines are met, including monitoring workload and output against service standards
- To supervise and motivate the team on a day to day basis, including undertaking the Partnership's appraisal process
- To liaise with customers and external organisations to ensure effective partnerships are maintained
- Proactively maintain an up to date Procedures Manual ensuring that changes to processes and procedures are communicated across the team and the Service as appropriate in a timely and effective manner
- To ensure the sharing of knowledge within the team to ensure a consistent approach
- To undertake key projects from time to time as appropriate and in line with the provision of a pensions administration service
- To support service provision as appropriate undertaking other duties commensurate with the post, including preparing and presenting reports as appropriate to the role, and attending and assisting service led events
- Take the lead in liaising with employers and third parties, maintaining good relationships, and obtaining information in respect of the work undertaken on the Casework Teams
- To assist the Pensions Case Manager in dealing with complaints and ad hoc queries
- Treat information security with the upmost respect, dealing appropriately with sensitive and confidential information within Service protocol/guidelines
The Successful Candidate will have/be:
- Significant experience in a pension administration role
- Experience in a supervisory/team leader role, including experience of performance management
- Demonstrable effective decision making
- Proven ability to work effectively on own initiative as well as being an effective team leader, promoting positive behaviour and attitudes, working flexibly, whilst at all times developing and maintaining good working relationship within the team and the service as a whole
- Proven ability to undertake detailed mathematical calculations accurately
- Demonstrable ability to plan workloads, ensure deadlines are met and cope with a pressurised workload
- Good working knowledge of legislation, regulation, conditions, software, systems and processes relevant to pension payroll and pension administration
- Ability to use Excel and Word to a good standard
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels, including the ability to communicate complex issues, possessing excellent communication skills
- Commitment to providing a good customer service at all times
- Demonstrable ability to apply and interpret complex regulations
- Maintain an understanding and actively support Company's equality programme, both internally and externally, along with all other corporate policy initiatives, including maintaining an understanding of the breadth of the diversity agenda and embedding good practice
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent including Maths and English at Grade C or above
- A recognised pension administration qualification (or working towards) would be desirable and/or significant experience in a Pensions Environment
Please note that as part of the recruitment process, candidates may be invited to complete both ability and psychometric assessments and will receive feedback.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
The Organisation is keen to promote a diverse workforce to maximize their ability to provide quality services to all their customers. All applicants who are known to be disabled and who meet the minimum criteria for the role will progress to the next stage of the recruitment process.
Candidates with the relevant experience, qualifications, and job titles of: Pensions Caseworker, Pensions Administrator, Pension Data Administrator, Pension Data Processor, Client Services Executive, Customer Service Executive, Pension Administration Caseworker, Business Support Team Leader, Financial Services Administrator, Financial Services Support, Financial Services Caseworker may also be considered for this position.