Youth Engagement and Safeguarding Manager TYNE72489
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a talented and experienced Youth Engagement and Safeguarding Manager to join them to develop, manage and maintain strategies, policies, procedures and activities relating to community safety education programmes and initiatives; providing specialist advice and support regarding safeguarding best practice. This is a fixed term contract role until 31st January 2019.
The Service values and respects the diversity of its employees and aims to recruit a workforce that represents the communities they serve. They welcome applications irrespective of people’s race, disability, gender, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity.
- Experience working with vulnerable and young people and their families/carers
- Managing disclosures relating to child protection and safeguarding adults
- Experience in developing and delivering policies and procedures/managing budgets
- Knowledge of issues facing young and vulnerable people who offend and within the care system
- Knowledge of child protection and at-risk adult issues
- Knowledge in the preventative, diversionary and educational work of the Fire Service
- Knowledge of legislation relating to children and criminal justice
- Ability to co-ordinate, motivate and manage multiple teams
- Ability to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills to enable liaison at all levels
- Demonstrate effective time management skills to work to conflicting priorities, meet deadlines and targets.
- Utilise a variety of IT packages including MS Office
- Work using own initiative as well as in a team
What they can offer you
Our client’s Headquarters are based in a purpose build office in Washington, with ample free parking and easy access from the A1 and A19. On site facilities include catering facilities and an onsite gym. The role also benefits from an attractive package, including up to 22 days holiday and public holidays, Local Government Pension Scheme and access to a range of social and volunteering opportunities.
Closing Date: 17 October 2018 at 17:00
Interview date: 26 October 2018
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.