Graduate Software Engineer - F1 Racing Team
We have one mission, to win Grand Prix World Championships. To design, build and operate a Formula One car at race-winning levels requires focus, ambition, imagination, dedication and attention to detail.
We're looking for a Graduate Software Engineer to help us take our bespoke software applications to the next level. You'll need an obvious passion for coding and a significant interest in new technologies.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Software Engineer at the start of their career, as you will have the opportunity to be mentored by experienced members of the team.
- Strong academic background; BSc in Computer Science or equivalent discipline (2:1 or above)
- Full stack developer with knowledge of what good software architecture looks like
- Understanding of how to engineer quality software & appreciate the benefits of automated tests and peer review
- Participated in development projects working with agile/lean methodologies
- Enjoy working with people to solve problems, choosing the simplest and most elegant approach then iterating
- Flexible and adaptable, detail orientated, and get satisfaction from delivering to a high standard
Software Engineer Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Experience building highly interactive and responsive web applications with UX & RESTful web APIs
- High proficiency with at least one backend language (ideally Python or C#/.NET)
- Experience using git in a collaborative environment (pull requests, git flow)
- Ability to build maintainable codebases using the SOLID principles
- Experience with microservice based architectures and Docker on Linux
- Experience using cloud technologies e.g. Microsoft Azure
- Experience with SQL and document databases e.g. SQL Server and MongoDB + + Experience of multi-threaded application development
- Experience writing data processing, analysis, or visualisation tools within a data centric organisation
Interested? Apply here for a fast-track path to the hiring manager