Instrumentation Project Manager / Project Engineer
Job Title: Instrumentation Project Manager
Location: Milton Park, Abingdon
Salary Range: Competitive
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent (37 hours per week)
The Company has unlocked a potential new route to scalable fusion power that is cost-effective and does not require huge infrastructure and capital expenditure. The technology could revolutionise the world's energy production - it will be possible to produce more energy, more cheaply and with fewer harmful side effects (e. long term nuclear waste or carbon emissions). They aim to accelerate the development of fusion energy by combining two emerging technologies - spherical tokamaks and high-temperature superconductors. The company's innovation has been featured on Channel 4 news, BBC News Click, Reuters internet news channel and they received a Technology Pioneer Award at the World Economic Forum. This is the chance to join a fast-growing high technology company with an agile, dynamic team.
- Create and deliver instrumentation list with appropriate hierarchy: systems, subsystems, units, etc.
- Identify key milestones and cross link between departments.
- Identify timelines for installation, commissioning, servicing, calibration, etc.
- Ensures instrumentation documents are complete, current, and appropriately stored.
- Ensures user manuals for critical equipment are available in the Control Room.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of the instruments.
- Works closely with relevant responsible officers to ensure effective and timely availability of the instruments.
- Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans; conferring with management.
- Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements; assigning personnel to phases and elements; reviewing bids from contractors.
- Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates.
- Determines project schedule by studying project plan and specifications; calculating time requirements; sequencing project elements.
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems.
- Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, plan and schedule changes; recommending actions.
- Controls project costs by approving expenditures; administering contractor contracts.
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Engineering HND/Degree qualified
- Considerable experience managing electrical/mechanical engineering projects ideally within an installation environment
- High level user of Microsoft office including - Project, Active Listening, Coaching, Decision Making, Interpersonal Communications, Judgement, Management of Financial Resources, Monitoring, Persuasion, Resource Management, Time Management, Vision.
- Meeting financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing budgets; scheduling expenditure; analysing variances and initiating corrective actions
- Controls project costs by approving expenditure; administering contractor contracts
- Manage day to day operational aspects of the project (s)
- Working closely with relevant stakeholders top ensure effective and efficient implementation of the project(s)
- Submitting project status reports to stakeholders; manage risk review; anticipates and reacts to change
- Candidate would also require the following skills: Analysis; Design Skills; Project Management; Manufacturing Methods and Procedures; Process Improvement; Technical understanding; Documentation skills; Safety Management; Supervision
- 25 Days Holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Company Pension scheme: Company contribution of 5% of salary after 3 months' service
- Eligible for company share option scheme after one years' service
- Company bonus scheme, discretionary, dependent on performance
- Private medical insurance after 3 months' service
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for the role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Project Engineer, Engineering Project Management, Project Management, Graduate, Engineering Graduate, Operations Engineer, Production Projects Engineer, Engineering Manager, Project Coordinator, may also be considered for this role.
Apply for Instrumentation Project Manager / Project Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly