Reach Plc is looking for a talented full stack developer to work on SEO projects across the group. Situated in the Data team, this role is key to continuing the growth in natural search traffic for Reach Plc. Working closely with the SEO team, data engineers, and the wider product team, the successful candidate will have experience developing for front and back-end technologies, a good understanding of SEO, and a passion for innovating and building creative and scalable solutions to practical problems.
We are Reach because it's what we do.
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 540 million newspapers, and our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, viewed by 110m unique browsers every month.
- Augment CMS with a variety of productivity tools to improve scalability of SEO efforts
- Work with data engineers to build scalable tagging infrastructure
- Improve tracking of key SEO KPIs, as reported in our internal tool HiveAlpha
- Automation and rollout of structured and linked data across our portfolio of sites
- Automation of various content types, working with APIs from third parties
- Building frameworks for performing SEO tests at scale
- Building content auditing tools to ensure content published complies with guidelines and best practices
- Build monitoring tools to ensure that search engines can crawl sites efficiently and that alerts are sent to stakeholders when problems arise
- Analyse and monitor internal and competitor content to identify and flag duplicate content
- Work with SEO Technical Manager to ensure the best possible performance of our sites in search
You will have extensive experience developing with Node, ElasticSearch, APIs, Google Analytics / BigQuery, and an understanding of NLP will be considered beneficial. You will have a good understanding of SEO and the factors that contribute to success in search. With excellent attention to detail, you will be a highly confident communicator. Experience in a publishing environment will be a real plus.
In addition to competitive salaries, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc offer a whole host of voluntary flexible benefits. These include a car scheme, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans and an employee assistance programme.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.